DSG - In Trouble Again

I have read most carefully the discussions on this topic (Superb II forum - having the dsg gearbox sorted under warranty) and am now fairly sure that I have a similar problem with my 7 speed DSG, which is still under manufacturers warranty until July 2013 and covered only 12,000 miles. The car has a FSSH.

I have started to notice that as soon as the engine reached normal working temperature that low speed gear changes in traffic were becoming very jerky and on a number on occasions, when nearly stopping on entering a roundabout, the box will change down into D2 or D3. Not noticing this until I pull away I have revered the nuts off the engine. Changing up from this asap the box still stays in D and the changes are very uncomfortable for all passengers.

At first I thought I was causing the change down to D when I turned the wheel accidentally touching the paddles. After this had happened quite a few times and many B~###ling from SWMBO I am now convinced that the fault lies elsewhere.

So my proposed action is to copy all the relevant details from this post together and approach the local dealer. Having as much detail as possible will certainly help, as the usual action from the dealer will be to try and fob me off. I am beginning to think that DSG is a dirty word to many dealers as they do not have the necessary expertise to deal with the complex issues. Only wish I could take it to either Audi or VW for trouble shooting.

Quoting bmhill "i saw the Skoda bulletin and my issue was exactly as described on the bulletin and it said order said part from what i am led to believe the sensor i have does not measure enough parameters"

Does any one have any details on this bulletin as I would be in a much better position with the dealer if I was able to quote chapter and verse.

All advise and comments appreciated and welcomed. Thank you

I have read most carefully the discussions on this topic (Superb II forum - having the dsg gearbox sorted under warranty) and am now fairly sure that I have a similar problem with my 7 speed DSG, which is still under manufacturers warranty until July 2013 and covered only 12,000 miles. The car has a FSSH.

I have started to notice that as soon as the engine reached normal working temperature that low speed gear changes in traffic were becoming very jerky and on a number on occasions, when nearly stopping on entering a roundabout, the box will change down into D2 or D3. Not noticing this until I pull away I have revered the nuts off the engine. Changing up from this asap the box still stays in D and the changes are very uncomfortable for all passengers.

At first I thought I was causing the change down to D when I turned the wheel accidentally touching the paddles. After this had happened quite a few times and many B~###ling from SWMBO I am now convinced that the fault lies elsewhere.

So my proposed action is to copy all the relevant details from this post together and approach the local dealer. Having as much detail as possible will certainly help, as the usual action from the dealer will be to try and fob me off. I am beginning to think that DSG is a dirty word to many dealers as they do not have the necessary expertise to deal with the complex issues. Only wish I could take it to either Audi or VW for trouble shooting.

Quoting bmhill "i saw the Skoda bulletin and my issue was exactly as described on the bulletin and it said order said part from what i am led to believe the sensor i have does not measure enough parameters"

Does any one have any details on this bulletin as I would be in a much better position with the dealer if I was able to quote chapter and verse.

All advise and comments appreciated and welcomed. Thank you

Can't help with the bulletin, but good luck getting it sorted!