Wash buckets

George

I'd say any 25ltr bucket is fine, some catering products

come in these size buckets. Maybe worth asking the question

at your local chippy or bakery ;)

Grit guard is a grit guard at the end of the day,

I've a brand new universal one for sale if you're interested.

Pm me if you are :thumbup:

I'd say any 25ltr bucket is fine, some catering products

come in these size buckets. Maybe worth asking the question

at your local chippy or bakery ;)

Grit guard is a grit guard at the end of the day,

I've a brand new universal one for sale if you're interested.

Pm me if you are :thumbup:

Good idea, I suppose a plasterers mixing bucket would be the same kind of size

Can anyone recommend which wash buckets & grit guards to buy. I know that they all do the same purpose, it just there are quite a few out there to buy. Just wanted to know what you are using, or can recommend ,

Cheers

Having used similar buckets with gritguards as suggested by ChrisRs, over time we have changed our mentality and now just use 20 Litre Buckets with our own branding as below:

IMG_7406.jpg

You can source these buckets from various places and he is one of them:

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/white-20-litre-wash-bucket.php

Grit guards are a bit of a waste of money really, if you have a nice deep bucket then you have no need for a grit guard as if you fill the bucket up enough then you will never need to go down to the bottom of the bucket...........;)

• Like 1

Having used similar buckets with gritguards as suggested by ChrisRs, over time we have changed our mentality and now just use 20 Litre Buckets with our own branding as below:

IMG_7406.jpg

You can source these buckets from various places and he is one of them:

http://www.elitecarc...wash-bucket.php

Grit guards are a bit of a waste of money really, if you have a nice deep bucket then you have no need for a grit guard as if you fill the bucket up enough then you will never need to go down to the bottom of the bucket........... ;)

I omitted to say..My rinse bucket is a 25 litre one from my wifes Primary School..I think it used to contain powder paint originally

Bilt-Hamber wash mitt?

As highlighted and confirmed above that is our famous and entirely exclusive to dooka Detailing, dooka Woolie Wash Pad.

They are made from the finest quality Lambswool from the US and Australia, not from Chinese Wool used in other Wash Mitt products that last five mins.

They come in various different sizes and we can also offer a dooka Woolie Wheel Mitt as well.......;)

If you want anything then just give me a shout and I can sort you out on a special deal......;)

Group buy or deal would be good :) My Megs mitt is starting to fall apart and I've been looking for something that would be more durable. Not that it's needed at present as the roads around here make a mockery of a clean car. I'm glad I didn't bother cleaning it this morning as I had to drive through a flood on the way to Harrogate this afternoon - they'd closed the road by the time we came back.

How about a Group Buy again Simon?

I will will ask the moderator's and see what they say.......... ;)

Group buy or deal would be good :) My Megs mitt is starting to fall apart and I've been looking for something that would be more durable. Not that it's needed at present as the roads around here make a mockery of a clean car. I'm glad I didn't bother cleaning it this morning as I had to drive through a flood on the way to Harrogate this afternoon - they'd closed the road by the time we came back.

Buy cheap, buy twice........ :)

• Like 1

I'll try and remember to bring mine to the Malthouse so you see how good it is

• Like 1

Thank you chaps, ive taken your advice and purchased some 20ltr buckets. i also purchased a foam lance. What a great piece of kit. I tried it out today, and was very pleased with it. The foam was amazing, :happy: i thought. Also used the Dooka wash pad :thumbup: . Here are some piccys for you,

post-6339-0-11765700-1354470823_thumb.jpg post-6339-0-22812000-1354471181_thumb.jpg

post-6339-0-11572700-1354471208_thumb.jpg post-6339-0-08054600-1354471235_thumb.jpg post-6339-0-47758600-1354471256_thumb.jpg

Sorry no after piccys as i wanted to poilish it before it got dark.

Thanks for looking,

• Like 1

Thank you chaps, ive taken your advice and purchased some 20ltr buckets. i also purchased a foam lance. What a great piece of kit. I tried it out today, and was very pleased with it. The foam was amazing, :happy: i thought. Also used the Dooka wash pad :thumbup: . Here are some piccys for you,

post-6339-0-11765700-1354470823_thumb.jpg post-6339-0-22812000-1354471181_thumb.jpg

post-6339-0-11572700-1354471208_thumb.jpg post-6339-0-08054600-1354471235_thumb.jpg post-6339-0-47758600-1354471256_thumb.jpg

Sorry no after piccys as i wanted to poilish it before it got dark.

Thanks for looking,

Dont forget you only need about 1" of snow foam in 1 ltre of warm water

Surely, a little more snow foam concentrate will give you a thicker, and therefore more `clingy` foam...no?

I think there's an optimum; of course, if you put in too much, you can adjust the concentration with the mix screw. Never saw the point of warm water, unless you're running hot water through your pressure washer.

Also, what's the opinion on adding detergent to the snow foam?

If you add too much snow foam it can remove your LSP......up to one and a half inchs in 1 litre of water is a maximum IMO ( I use 1")

Adding a detergent will kill it

However, if youre doing a complete detox of your paintwork, then detergent will help in LSP removal..otherwise steer well clear!

Also adding warm water to the mix, helps in activating the product

If you add too much snow foam it can remove your LSP......up to one and a half inchs in 1 litre of water is a maximum IMO ( I use 1")

Adding a detergent will kill it

However, if youre doing a complete detox of your paintwork, then detergent will help in LSP removal..otherwise steer well clear!

Also adding warm water to the mix, helps in activating the product

Thanks, Chris. Never thought about the ` LSP removal`. Still learning.

Thank you chaps, ive taken your advice and purchased some 20ltr buckets. i also purchased a foam lance. What a great piece of kit. I tried it out today, and was very pleased with it. The foam was amazing, :happy: i thought. Also used the Dooka wash pad :thumbup: . Here are some piccys for you, Sorry no after piccys as i wanted to poilish it before it got dark. Thanks for looking,

Glad you got the Wash Pad in the end and that your happy with it.........:)

If you add too much snow foam it can remove your LSP......up to one and a half inchs in 1 litre of water is a maximum IMO ( I use 1") Adding a detergent will kill it However, if youre doing a complete detox of your paintwork, then detergent will help in LSP removal..otherwise steer well clear! Also adding warm water to the mix, helps in activating the product

This is one of the main reasons why I personally don't use snow foam under normal washing conditions on my own car.

I think Snow Foam is a well marketed product and the reality is unless you are looking to completely remove the protection you have on the car then you have to be very careful of what mixture your using.

As long as your car is well sealed and you have a good wash process, using the correct wash media (Wash Pad, Buckets and Shampoo) then drying the car correctly you will get the durability your after out of your wax and sealant. After all, pressure washing will remove most of the road contaminants on the paintwork.........:)

If on the other hand you like the 'novelty' of snow foam and waxing or sealing your car every five minutes then keep on going for it...........;)