anyone thinking about selling their Monte? or maybe Vrs.

Per thread title, looking at the option of a Mk2 fabia for the Mrs.

So if anyone is thinking about selling their Monte 1.2tsi or 1.6tdi (any colour except yellow) or maybe a Vrs please drop me a PM

Needs to be HPI clear and nice condition.

I'm based in Bristol, but will travel (train/plane and drive home) for the right car.

Before I get pointed to the 'wanted' section, I would post in there but I don't think anyone really reads it :(

Thanks for looking : )

So as not to waste people's time it would be best to state your budget,I think.

Quoting my maximum budget for each model and specification would take ages - how many options are there on the options list??

I could afford to order any of these new, but prefer to buy privately second hand.

However, what I can afford to pay for a given car and what I'd be prepared to pay for a given car are different things :)

Ask me again in June...It'll be a year old and have about 12k on the clock. 1.6 CR TDI. Red/Black. No extras (I think - it was a dealer ready car).

My folks live near Bristol.

Just in case you haven't got one then!

I want to keep it that long, just so my wife doesn't tell me I change my car too often!

Surprised that your not considering new in the case of the Monte anyway, with the current offers new is not much more than second hand. Plus there bound to be a few about for immediate delivery if you not fussed on colour or options, along with dealers willing to give you a good deal if your happy to shop far and wide. Would try the site sponsors such as Lee at Prestons or Beth at Allams as a first off.

TP

many thanks to everyone who has replied, went out and did some test driving yesterday.

we both very much liked the Vrs, and the Monte with the 1.2tsi 105 engine..... but got distracted by a 2009 Scirroco 2.0T GT.

My wife loved the Scirroco, and I have to admit I thought it felt quite special too.

I'm not knocking the Fabia's, but as a comparison the best private Vrs I could find was a 2010 (60) with just under 4,000 miles for £10,500 - and I'd have to fly to Scotland for it and drive it home. For £11,750 I can get a 2009 (09) Scirroco 2.0t GT with 19k on the clock. For much closer to £10k I could pick up a 1.4 tsi Scirocco (same engine as fabia vrs but with weaker mapping 160bhp) on an 09 with 36k miles.

In summary, we're now looking for a nice Scirocco for the mrs as she only does about 7k miles pa it'll come down to spec and price rather than engine size :)

The Fabia's very very nice, but the Scirocco had the edge for us and being slightly older will lose us less money.

I went the other way - 1.4/160 Scirocco (with DSG) to Fabia vRS!

Scirocco is a lovely driver and more civilised, especially with the Suspension button, but I lost my rag with how wide it is externally - careful choosing of parking spaces is needed (especially in Tescos and the like) which made it a bit of a pain to like with at times (I did 74,000 miles in mine in just over 2 years) hence I went to the same engine/box but in a different body.

I went the other way - 1.4/160 Scirocco (with DSG) to Fabia vRS!

Scirocco is a lovely driver and more civilised, especially with the Suspension button, but I lost my rag with how wide it is externally - careful choosing of parking spaces is needed (especially in Tescos and the like) which made it a bit of a pain to like with at times (I did 74,000 miles in mine in just over 2 years) hence I went to the same engine/box but in a different body.

Mmm, interesting!?

hadn't given that any consideration at all, is the rocco really that wide? (didn't really notice while driving it about) or is it the long doors? My Mrs would also need to secure our two year old in the back twice a day too, but she says she's not worries about that.

:sweat:

Strange how some people select cars.I would agree the Scirocco should be the better car,so,fine go for it.

It would be no good for me because I want four doors.

If I had only wanted two doors there would have been many,many options.

Strange how some people select cars.I would agree the Scirocco should be the better car,so,fine go for it.

It would be no good for me because I want four doors.

If I had only wanted two doors there would have been many,many options.

I know where you're coming from, but my wife is ten years younger than me so, like many females at 32, is still 'style/image' concious (not saying you're not btw)

we need something reasonably modern and reliable and that's not going to cost a fortune to run or in depreciation.

due to the word 'reliable' being a priority, that rules french cars out for me based on family experience - (and most JD Power surveys!)

One of our reasons for liking the Fabia II so much is it's narrowness. Ideal for almost off the map country lanes and visiting the in-laws; 1930's house with a rather narrow drive passing between the property next door. Think the architect didn't envisage cars getting any bigger than the Austin A30 :giggle:

Oh looking at those dimension drawings, then the roco is almost as wide, with the doors open, as our Yeti is long :S

TP

• Like 1

I've already agreed a part ex of my VRS with Capitol Skoda in Newport.

It should be on sale there within the next 2 weeks as I will have traded it in for my Yeti by then :)

Rally Green

Spare Wheel

No faults

11 Plate

Won't be as cheap as a private buy but its a very good example.