direct connection of Fabia audio wireing to new ice

rmb

Hi all, my Fabia 1's Symphoney CD unit is faulty. I have an after market item to replace it. Clarion DB168B. Not new but working.

This has an ISO socket on the back. The Fabia plugs are also ISO and will plug straight into the radio. So is it safe to ssume that the wiring is standard? This unit does not need any wires swapping as the radio's fuse has 2 positions ' normal' & 'VW. I will need an adaptor to convert the aerial to suit the new radio , this has a blue wire to power the aerial so where/ how do I connect this. The Fabia wire colours are not the aftermarket ISO colours of Red, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Black . I don't really want to cut up the wires as I hope to refit the original radio, if it gets repaired. Thanks for your suggestions.

Hi, have now found a guide to the Fabia audio wiringing the Fabia forum stickies. Seems that the black plug itself can be opened so pins can be taken out of the plug, I can then tape them out of the way to isolate them( rather than cut them and ruin the loom).

Following the guide , I will remove the wire to the diagnostics, the spare live supply and also the switched live to connect the power supply for the aerial booster. Stock black plug can then be safely used directly. Radio seems to work with this set up , no booster for the aerial but I have connected it with home made adaptor. This picks up F M. Ok but not A M . So I do have sounds again. This is temporary unless the OEM unit cannot be repaired. But then in 2015 it all goes over to DAB so we will all need new head units!!

If my standard radio is not repairable I will make a more permenant set up.

Amplified aerial adapter ( like this, http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a16ae587e) is necessary to restore AM reception and better FM coverage.

I think the mods to the standard Skoda plug do the job, although the adaptor leads are only £2.63. from the same seller

DAB radio, we have one in the company van and reception with a good aerial is excellent, only dowmside is the boss likes the 'Absolute 80's station!