Offsets

Hi folks,

Can anybody tell me if steel wheels with an ET47 offset would be ok for my 2012 Octavia Greenline.

Having spoken to two local dealerships they have advised that I would need wheels with an offset of ET50 (the same as the alloys on the car) but I was under the impression that the offset altered depending on the design of the wheel.

I have seen an offer for wheels and tyres but I don't want to purchase them only to find they don't fit.

Regards,

Ivor.

ET47 should be fine as one would expect the steelies to either be the same width or narrower than the original alloys.

Lets face it the difference in ET you have stated is 3mm so if the steelies are the same width as the alloys they will protrude an extra 3mm out of the wheel arch which is neither here nor there.

For info my Octy is currently on ET42 Audi rims for winter and the rear wheels also have 15mm spacers which will give the effect of ET27 (Wouldn't get away with this on the fronts though).

HTH