Xenons Lights/MOT

Wootoast

Just got some Xenon healights and all the bits for my 2004 Vrs which has normal headlights but have heard that the car wont pass a MOT with the Xenons because I havent got washer jets for the lights is this true and how can you get round this problem!!

Well, the Official Route is to fit projector headlight units, retro-fit automatic self-levelling to the headlights, and fit headlight washers.

If you've got good quality plasma discharge units with a light temperature of no more than 6_000K then you should get away with it anyway.

The MOT guidelines state that the headlamp self leveling and headlight washers can only be tested IF fitted........so if not fitted they can't be tested........

They still test for beam alignment...

Best get a set 4300K hid bulbs from Phillips who do conversion kits............then you won't get unwanted attention from the police, MOT tester, or from other road users..........

The headlights are hella original xexons headlights with all the wires and ballast which came off a another vrs, so when I put them on my fabia should it pass the mot or will I get problems.

Thanks guys will be picking the lights up tomorrow for dirt cheap, popped into the skoda showroom earlier for a quote and they said from them one headlight is just under £500 then you need everything else and the price was nearing the £1500 without fitting :-/