Hi dis is Pattz from India Mumbai proud owner of Skoda Laura/ Octavia 1.9 PD II

PATTZ

Hi from few days have noticed d clutch pedal of ma laura has gone hard n one fourth dead have covered 61000 Km so far a mth back d Slave n master cylinder had gave up got replaced n d technicians said cars fly wheel has gone loose n clutch plate has To b replaced however i dont find any drop in power but yes clutch is Too hard to use specially in Mumbai traffic dont know what should b done guyz ny suggestion of go with replacement??

• Like 1

61000 Kms on Indian City Roads in my experience is over due for a Clutch Replacement in a Skoda Octavia/Laura. From the symptoms, it could very well be the Clutch Pressure Plate, part of the Clutch Assy.

Does your Car start "Hard" when cranked? Is there heavy vibration in idle? These are some of many symptoms of a failing/failed Flywheel. It would be in order to get the Flywheel replaced as well if you are replacing the Clutch.

• 2 weeks later...

Hii Pattz ... I `m Shane From chennai , IND. My Skoda Laura L&K is givin me clutch problems @ 173000 kms , I think I`m a bit lucky to cloack 173000 kms without any clutch probs , pls advise me on replacement of clutch to SMF clutch assy instead of a dual mass . How can I procure a SMF clutch assy kit at cheaper prices , in india. I need your valuable suggestions.

Regards

[email protected]

Cheers all @ Briskoda.net

Hii Pattz ... I `m Shane From chennai , IND. My Skoda Laura L&K is givin me clutch problems @ 173000 kms , I think I`m a bit lucky to cloack 173000 kms without any clutch probs , pls advise me on replacement of clutch to SMF clutch assy instead of a dual mass . How can I procure a SMF clutch assy kit at cheaper prices , in india. I need your valuable suggestions.

Regards

[email protected]

Cheers all @ Briskoda.net

Hi shane dont have any update on it however will get back to u soon on this topic however converting a dual mass to a single mass might create u problems jn terms of power pick up smoothness crossing high spped of 140 kmpl+ so please stick to original co. Part do check before upgrading also keep me in loop

Heyy hell u right however my skoda tech said use till it goes ny ways it needs a replacement to use it till it works wen its totally done den we will replace it there is no harm in using it should do more 20k+ kmpl

Hi shane dont have any update on it however will get back to u soon on this topic however converting a dual mass to a single mass might create u problems jn terms of power pick up smoothness crossing high spped of 140 kmpl+ so please stick to original co. Part do check before upgrading also keep me in loop

After having read on the Internet of experiences by many and personally being skeptical and not being wholly convinced about the SMF Conversion, I decided on converting to SMF about 2 years back, and trust me, I have never looked back till date! The Car is much more smoother now and the lag has greatly reduced contributing to a better initial pick-up. I drive this Car mainly on long drives, so 140+ is a common speed and never have I felt the Car being rough over these speeds. However, an important point to note is a slight increase in sound in Neutral with the conversion, which again is by no means worrisome as it is only "slightly" louder.

The only instance where I can think of the SMF being rough over these speeds is if it is not properly "balanced", other than this, I see no reason as to why a ride on SMF differs over a DMF.

Heyy hell u right however my skoda tech said use till it goes ny ways it needs a replacement to use it till it works wen its totally done den we will replace it there is no harm in using it should do more 20k+ kmpl

If I were you, I would get my faulty FW replaced immediately and not wait for it to go kaput 100%, because by then, it would have most probably transmitted the damage to other parts. However, if it is only the Clutch and is not much of a bother while driving, I think it would make sense to use it for a little while longer.

• 1 year later...

Hi Shane probably my clutch and fly wheel gave up had to replace it, with comversation with SKODA tech folks replaced the kit with SMF as JMD directly offered SMF Quotation!! and you were true 

Car has now better pick up

No Difference in speed or mileage

But Yes noise and viberation has negligebally increased but doesnt feel much