How long once it's built

Superbster

I ordered an already built Octavia last month and it took less than a fortnight and I know it was not already in the country when I payed the deposit. My dealer (Preston Motors who have been excellent) knew when it was on the boat and was pretty much spot on about how long it would take. Perhaps your dealer can track it?

That's a very short time from order! Transit/delivery times vary and adding time for your dealer to PDI it I would guess 4 to 6 weeks but that's not allowing for any Xmas delays.

Fred

Yeh I thought it was quick, it's actually my Dads car and he was given an estimated delivery for February, when he called in today the dealer told him it was built and waiting to be shipped. I'm assuming it was a dealer order that matched his spec that was already in the system, anyhow he's pleased it should be here sooner!

Looking like it should be about 4 weeks earlier than expected then. Got to say we have had varying experiences with our local dealer over the last few years, but the current sales staff have been excellent, lets hope it continues once the keys have been handed over!

Ordered "Tigger" in April 2010. It was built on Friday the 20th of August 2010 at 15:15hrs (I was at the Dealers and watched them checking the Factory system at 15:00 - Nothing, No build date or anything! They checked again at 15:15 just as I was leaving and there it was - Built! - YES!!!!)

Monday the 23rd. Received a call from the dealer at 08:50 "In country - No estimate for delivery to dealer"

Wednesday 25th. 08:30 another call from dealer - "Guess what I am looking at and have the keys in my hand for?"

A fourteen week wait from initial order, but only five days from build to delivery! But all this really says is that there is no consistency in delivery times, as many other members here have waited very differing times stretching into weeks and occasionally months.

Hope you dont have to wait too long......................................tony

If you click on the link in my signature block you'll see how long it took for mine last year round about this time - mind you it dependds on all sorts of factors such as the weather which in some cases delays the 'boat.' I was very frustrated to see mine arrive at Embden and then sit there like it was on a stop over holiday for some considerable time!!

It was well worth the wait though. :thumbup:

Throughout the year delivery times are usually CIRCA 3 weeks, however with the xmas period coming up, the transport companies and ports will go all out to get these cars to the dealers rather sharpish.

But again, it can still be luck of the draw.

If it had have been for me it would have taken ages and probably arrived in March!! I can't stand waiting for a new car, I like to go and buy on a Saturday and pick it up the following Friday, thank heaven for pre-registrations, my Superb was bought Monday picked up Thursday :-)