Front windscreen wipers and dash lights problem

Hello, new lad here.

Been having a bit of bother with my 56 reg Fabia and thought I might be able to find a solution to my problem on here.

So, the problem is this. Whenever I have my front wipers on intermittent (any setting) or on constant, the dash lights completely go off and on. Literally everything, backlights and symbols. Without stating the obvious, this happens when it is raining (as I'm using my wipers then).

The dash lights are always on the lowest setting, the most dim, so it can't be that there is too much power being used I wouldn't have thought.

I have already been to my Silbury dealer 3 times for this problem. First time they had fixed the dash lights momentarily but no real fix and couldn't find anything wrong with the wipers. The 2 other times they said they couldn't find anything wrong, which as you can imagine is a bit frustrating as every other day I am witnessing this.

Also, 1 other little problem as well that goes with this is that when the wipers are on intermittent (again, any setting) they tend to wipe constant for 1 or 2 times then go back to intermittent again.

I'm hoping to find a solution for this as I'm losing trust in my car and the dealership that say they can fix it.

Please hit me up for any further details and I will try and get back as soon as.

Cheers, Joe.

Edited by Nicholson87

No, not every stroke. Just randomly. Sometimes just the lights go off. Then sometimes the lights go off with the wipers. Spoke to the dealership again and they said keep an eye on the headlights, if they go off then there is a real problem.

Edited by Nicholson87

Check the alternator charge lvls when everything is switched on, sounds to me like the system is being overloaded when the wiper motor comes on.

1) Check the alternator charge lvls under load and at idle

2) Not sure if these cars have whats called a "multitimer" some cars have this unit that controls all the dash lights etc