*clonking when letting off accelorator*

Hi fellow members, quick question. On my skoda fun everytime i am driving it and go to reduce my speed and let off the accelerator i get clonking, knocks, shudders and its getting a bit worse. I think its from the gearstick to gearbox? I checked the rear gearbox bush with a bar and i can rock the gearbox back and forth i have got to get a bush (looks like from skoda dealer) any help and ideas would be great. Only thing letting it down :/

Cheers Jack

My first guess.... Strut top mounts or Engine/Gearbox mounts. Engine and gearbox mounts aren't particularly expensive so it may be worth doing them anyway; if they're looking a bit tired. If the top mounts are the cause though, one might expect them to clunk when braking harshly also, or when going over bumps whilst turning.

I checked the rear gearbox bush with a bar and i can rock the gearbox back and forth i have got to get a bush (looks like from skoda dealer)

So you feel that is not enough cause for all that clunking? :o

Hi jackmx131, ever since owning mine I've always experienced a clonk mostly when reversing and approaching full left or right hand down. Not an uncommon problem and suspect it relates to lower ball joints or top mounts? I sometimes also get a very minor knock/clonk when backing off the accelerator but nothing that currently warrants any further action.

As jonesy92 & it's almost definitely a wear/tear issue but in your case is somewhat more troublesome!

Good luck ;)