Brake Pads

Michael3

When my Fabia II 1.9 tdi flashes up 'brake pads' on the dashboard does it actually mean front brake pads and not rear brake shoes?

And if so, are there instructions for brake pad replacement already here?

Thanks in advance

Michael

I'm fairly sure it will be the front pads, never seen a car with wear indicators on drum shoes. It's pretty much the same procedure to replace the pads in any car, 2 bolts will hold the caliper, undo them, take the caliper out and you have access to the pads. Check this link, I don't know what exactly your brakes will look like, but it will be one of these (click on the options on the far right):

http://elsaweb.spaghetticoder.org/nav/EN/Skoda/Fabia-Felicia/54/2/3183/18775/46/10212951/

i'd check all 4 wheels

rears tend to last longer than fronts, so if fronts have been replaced before check both they will prob both need doing

on the fronts check wear of the disks as well, if there is a big lip on the edge of the disk time for them as well, easy job, once wheel, caliper and pads off, single screw between two of the road wheel bolt holes, remove that them a bit of gentle persuasion opposite side to caliper