Help with purchasing the right Skoda...

Tan

Hi guys,

I'm struggling with making up my mind on purchasing a replacement for my current car which has just let me down big time!

I have an audi a4 estate Y reg, 1.9 115bhp estate

The wife has an a3 w reg 1.9 110 bhp

Both of these cars need to go!

We need a big family car, as we have three little ones and we need something with loads of extras and gadgets.

I would love to buy the mkII superb elegance, but I don't think I would be able to afford the finance. 200 a month would be the most I could afford.

I have seen a 1.9tdi superb mk1 elegance on the trader but it has 170kmiles...

It has SH, 2 owners, and is fully loaded.

I don't kno whether its a good investment, it would only be for a year, as I would like to buy the superb estate next year December! When I get that dream job?...;)

Any recommendations and tips guys?

Should I check this mkI out?

Or wait another month

:(

Is your A4 too small?

The Superb is huge, you may find an Octavia estate cheaper as there are more about and it's about the same size as an A4.

Also if you can afford £200 per month to finance a car, I don't understand why you are looking at old ones that have done a lot of miles.

They may be OK, but they could be a headache if anything goes wrong... which would certainly not make them a good investment.

Not that there really is a good investment when it involves family cars.

£200 on a five year HP deal would give you spending power of around £10,500 once you take the interest off of about 15%. If you have a decent credit rating so can get accepted.

That would get you into a 2010 Superb Estate like this one:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item484d5780eb

It's not the best spec, but it's a lot of car for the money.

High on the milage, but if you can organise a reasonable deposit you can obviously get something better, like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-SKODA-SUPERB-170-TDi-SE-ESTATE-GREY-94K-FSH-1-OWNER-/290802740446?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item43b531acde

Obviously the above is just my opinion. :)

Oh, yes, and the standard greeting...

Welcome to the forum. :D

• Like 1

Thanks guys

I know, I would like to go for a 170 hp Elegance!

In hatchback or estate. But ten grand plus over finance for 3+ years. Seems a bit daunting!

I don't like to be tied down. Like I am with my blood mortgage!

I've seen this on the trader which is cheap...

But don't kno whether its a little risky...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201212064523096/sort/default/usedcars/price-to/3000/price-from/1000/model/superb/make/skoda/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/1/quicksearch/true/radius/20/postcode/dy48pq?logcode=p

Guys what about buying the Superb mkII SE or greenline with less power and features bringing the price of the car down to 6-8k

Them getting it remapped to a suitable taste?....

Update ----> jus looked at a superb mk1 elegance.

05 reg, link in previous post.

Waste of time... Really beat up ex taxi!

Mk1s out of the equation now!

Only mk2's

I've seen a bargain at a local garage from me, but its an automatic.

Any feedback on the Automatics?

Hi, I run a Superb Elegance estate. It came up at a good price with extras (it was a manager's car) The Octavia may serve you just as well, but to drive the superb is a fantastic experience. I got a 140 bhp as it keeps me tax down It goes well and there is enough ooph in hte engine to do the overtaking bit OK. Get a test drive withthe superb and the octavia then make your mind up. Go for the best you can possibly afford - you will be glad you did.