Lurching At 1500 Rpm

Freakcrab

Hi all,

I've recently been experiencing a problem with my RS.

It's lurching when moving off at about 1500 rpm. This problem also occurs in-gear at the same revs but less violently. It doesn't happen everytime and does happen when the engine is warm as well as cold. The car has 36k miles on it.

Any idea?

Trip needed to the dealer?

Thanks.

I can understand the from cold bit but not when warm. My last Impreza needed an O2 sensor for similar symptoms but this was mainly an irregular idle than lurchiness (which it did until warmed when you used a third throttle or less)

Welcome to the club!!

my RS does exactly the same thing, surges at around 1500rpm particularly after setting off in first gear. It does not do it as much if let the revs drop right off and then accelerate again. However the dealer cannot find a fault. I am now waiting for the skoda technical dept to take a look at it. It is obviously a sensor somewhere but no fault codes are being detected.

It does not do it all the time but it is particularly annoying when it happens.

Stu.

:confused:

Denis,

I have already tried this and the problem still remains. However the dealer rang me this morning after they had been speaking to Skoda Technical and they are going to replace the throttle body as they think this could be the cause. Apparently some VW owners have had the same problem.

Stu.

Done the re-alignement and, after a short-trip to tesco and back, it does seem to feel alot better. Throttle seems less jerky (didn't really notice this until it was gone) and nothing happened when moving off.

Will reserve final judgement till the drive home.

Thanks.