Service Issues on my Octavia

Hi All

I have the opposite problem to the topic Started by keppy2012 regarding servicing on Octavia DSG 1.4 TSI Estate.

I requested Variable servicing but found before 10,000miles the service light came on. On going back to my dealer he stated all vehicles supplied from them are set to fixed schedule. On phoning around I mentioned my desire for variable servicing and another dealer said as long as I had not serviced it they could change to variable. So I did. Just before 19,000miles it was serviced.

However I seem to be back to fixed servicing, the spanner has appeared just before 28,000miles.

I was reluctant to go to this dealer in the first place as when looking for this vehicle they tried to sell me something I didn't want and then said the lead time for my car was much longer than the 12weeks I had been told. Needless to say I went elsewhere and got the car I wanted in 12weeks.

I purchased the car near to home, had it serviced near to work. After two phone calls, leaving contact details and the fact I never got a call back the first time, I have come to the conclusion business is booming and they don't want my custom and plan to go elsewhere.

However - down to the question - Is it possible to change from fixed to variable servicing or I have been conned and all that happened is the service was reset at 10,000miles? I have used the oil for variable servicing but now wonder if it was originally filled with the correct oil.

Or am I worrying about nothing!

I purchased this car after being impressed with a company car (1.9tdi) but this is petrol and I am happy with the 1.4 engine, I can cruise and get over 46mpg but if needed I can floor it and get some serious speed!

Cheers

Nigel

Yes you can change it to variable using VCDS - and yu can also check what it is actually set on at the moment.

I thought everything came from the Skoda factory set on variable and has done for a few years.

So did I, I seem to remember the dealer mentioned variable servicing with the DSG had issues but neither of us pushed it and I thought I was getting variable servicing.

Its just a pain that I have to take time off work to sort it. Never mind.

Nigel

On going back to my dealer he stated all vehicles supplied from them are set to fixed schedule. On phoning around I mentioned my desire for variable servicing and another dealer said as long as I had not serviced it they could change to variable. So I did. Just before 19,000miles it was serviced.

Naughty.

All Skoda vehicles supplied to the UK are set to variable (now called flexible) servicing (excluding the Citygo).

The only reason the dealer would change it to fixed is to ensure they see you back for a 'revenue earning' visit sooner!

The fact you asked for variable and they still set it to fixed would see no more business from me.