Problem with HID Kit

I have fitted a HID Xenon Headlight "Slim" Conversion Kit to my Octavia , but now when I put the high beam on the low beams flash a couple of times (like a police car) then go off. When I turn the high beams off sometimes the low beams come back on or not leaving me in the dark. Occasionally the bulb fault warning light on the dash comes on but goes off again. Any ideas?

It may be possible to fix this using a relay, but I cannot be sure without testing it out. I am not too far from you if you want to give it a try. PM me if you want to give it a go

John

Doesn't look like this kit is a Canbus kit there's the problem for starters. You need the Canbus kit for it to work correctly.

Have you had your car coded to accept HIDs?

Does sound like either canbus or coding is required.......

Hi all ... I've had a reply from manufacturer - I’ll be honest, I don’t have too much experience with the Skoda’s and their problems but you can do a quick search on the internet forums for HID’s and maybe someone else has had your problem with the Skodas. To me it sounds like you need “warning cancellers”, you can order them from:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002O95M3K/.Tried to order but as from USA unable to deliver to my address found others but shipping costs double that of item. I will try CANBUS ballasts see if that works will also check whilst at Skoda tomorrow ... car in for recall on injectors. Thankyou all for your input

There was quite a bit of noise - on one of the golf fora I think - about wiper motors blowing due to an interface problem with the CanBus.

My preFL has had HIDS for over two years now and zero problems, coded at fitment.

Is yours a FL model? There was another thread re HIDs on FL models. Member Vectra(????) apparantly had found a way.

Thanx Nickguzzi

No mine is preFL 2008, also with Superchips upgrade.... going to try the " HID Error Code Warning Canceller Capacitor Decoder" as advised by manufacturer of HID kit. will see if fixes problem, it's not a problem unless you need to use full beams which are duller than HID low beam.

Have you changed the coding in the cars control module to Xenons?

The general advice seems to be for the pre FL to get the non canbus system and no resistor etc but to just code the car to Xenons without shutters and all should be fine.

Phil

You would need VCDS or similar.

There is a members map that shows where people who have it are located:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=209732397261666218585.0004c66cecde3f435ecb4&msa=0

Just PM them and ask if they can sort you out. Most people will either not charge you or just do it for a tenner or pack of beers etc.

Phil

Hi

Car currently at Winchester Motor company... Skoda dealership.... hoping they are able to resolve, waiting for them to call back with price etc.... went in for injector recall, so they might as well look at it whilst it's there

• 2 months later...

Hey PRM,

Did you ever find out the fix for your issue?I am now having the same with high beam on and the low beam HID cutting off and flickering..Hey PRM,Did you ever find out the fix for your issue?I am now having the same with high beam on and the low beam HID cutting off and flickering..

Hey PRM,

Did you ever find out the fix for your issue?I am now having the same with high beam on and the low beam HID cutting off and flickering..Hey PRM,Did you ever find out the fix for your issue?I am now having the same with high beam on and the low beam HID cutting off and flickering..

Hi Nes123

Yeah purchased a set of Delivery Information 41zcds%2BOCEL._SY115_.jpg

£6.49 these did the trick ..... no need to re-code the car etc .... just plugged in and hey presto working superbly. I ordered mine through Amazon and although 1 was not working the supplier resupplied at no cost and now lights working correctly. Really should have ordered the canbus kit initially would have saved all the hassle. Goodluck

Thanks alot mate....was kinda hoping ya sorted it out via coding as I recently installed a 2012 CANBUS gateway into my 2006 octy...

Could you say for sure if coding can fix this issue when using high beam however?if not I guess I will have to buy this

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Forgot to add my HID low beam is 55w....so I am at a lost why I am NOT getting fault light on dash but when using high beam the low beam goes out on one side and then I get the fault

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hiya

Sorry I never needed to go down the route of coding the car ..... just fitted the "Error Code Warning Canceller Capacitor" and problem was solved. I did not always have the fault light on the dash come on , only occassionally so maybe system not so great. My HID kit is the 35w so don't know what difference that makes. I hope you get resolved

cya