Online training

I did an ECDL in a couple of hours as I just did the tests rather than studying at all. Doesn't devalue the course contentfor other people though, just meant I had prior knowledge of the subject. . .

I've got some online uni materials and while I prefer a book I find the best thing is to just set aside longer than you'll need for distractions and set yourself something 'fun' to do after finishing. :)

I think the purpose of the NVQ's is to demonstrate you can do the job to that level, so if you can crack on through them quickly you must be experienced and knowledgeable :D

All of the NVQs I have been forced to do come complete with a book containing all the answers; all you have to do is rewrite the answers into the coursework folder and voilà !! you have another piece of wallpaper.

In one NVQ II on marketing they actually dictated the answers for us to fill in the boxes with.

That's a shame that you're forced to do them. They shouldn't be set up in this way otherwise the end product mirrors your experience and feelings. Unfortunately I think some private training organisations do the bare minimum and are completely focused on making money rather than training or teaching. Shame.

NVQ's are a farce, and the level of detail varies between the same level in different subjects to such an extent it is laughable; my son is on a technical "Apprenticeship", yet the qualification after TWO YEARS is still classed as an NVQ II.

He took 2 NVQ II courses and passed both in a single month in a different subject.

I would spout more, but the wife is going in for a "C" section in the morning and I need to get some sleep if I am going to be of any use to her. (3 weeks early - the quacks are worried); I am knackered shuttling back and forth to the Hospital every day to visit her.

NVQ = Not Valid Qualification.

(Sorry - couldnt resist)

BTW I have several NVQs and not one of them is worth the paper it is written on; I could bang them out in a couple of days if the course tutors would turn up.

An NVQ in marketing ? bet that helps save lives .

I would spout more, but the wife is going in for a "C" section in the morning and I need to get some sleep if I am going to be of any use to her. (3 weeks early - the quacks are worried); I am knackered shuttling back and forth to the Hospital every day to visit her.

It'll all be worth it in the end :) good luck !

NVQ's are a farce, and the level of detail varies between the same level in different subjects to such an extent it is laughable; my son is on a technical "Apprenticeship", yet the qualification after TWO YEARS is still classed as an NVQ II.

He took 2 NVQ II courses and passed both in a single month in a different subject.

]

Our wee one was 4 weeks early. You have gone full term so im sure everything will be ok. Fingers crossed for you though, best wishes to your wife.

Thanks, my wife eventually went in 6 hours later than planned (so VERY hungry), and baby Heidi Jing Ling Emery was born at 3:55pm.

As you can tell from the name, her mother is Chinese - and she already has her own Christmas song (Jing Ling Bells) :sun:

3.162kg at birth; lucky for her mother that she WAS 3 weeks early :whew: How heavy would she have been at full term!

Sorry for hijacking the thread!!!!

post-48764-0-00833500-1358837820_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Im broody enough without you expectant dads to be taking over my thread ! :D

Up early today to do a photo shoot for my main passion (BTEC in make-up for tv and film)

I'm not sure that you need inspiration Ash, but if you and aren't already on there, it would be worth getting yourself a (free) DeviantArt account.

Word of advice - add six hours to any timetable they give you; it has never been less than that so far!!!!!!

Good to hear all went well.

My missus was 4 weeks early but we were lucky to have a normal birth. Water broke at 4pm. Checked in at 7pm. Sat waiting for a doctor. 9pm doctor had a look and said she was 4cm dialated so we got moved to labour ward. 10.13pm baby was out.

She tried gas but binned it and delivered without any painkillers or anything, what a star.

Going by the hours of agonising screams we could hear though i think we were the lucky ones.

Anyway what was this thread about again?

• 1 month later...