Silverstone Track Day - Sunday 17th Feb

ilmor

Id reccommend this track to everybody, ive done alot of trackdays around the UK and europe, this one is by far the best.

Not sure a 30 minute taster will be that good though as its quite a hard track to get right every lap. An afternoons worth would be the best option

When i have been there before when these sessions have been running (i was driving single seaters) they sont use the gp circuit. They use the National circuit for this event.

Im probs either gonna book 1 or 2 sessions, haven't decided yet though...

ilmor

• 1 month later...

Hi

I think i saw you earlier - you were moving arround the paddock when i arrived about 12.30 or so

How did you get on - I did ok and the fabia did really well against some of the other bigger and more expensive cars on the track

You did :) i had just finished and was going home :) was good for the 1st fee laps overtook quite a few cars, then the tyres overheated so i backed off to stop them getting damaged :) have fun though?

Yes good day out - i had an instructor as well which was really helpful to get the line in the corners

For others this is a really well organised day out with no nonsence tollerated by the track staff - i saw one guy overtaking on the wrong side and he got told off next lap.

Full briefing and marshall cover - might do it again - really designed for novice testers

I am 102 in the photos