Mk5 Ibiza FR...the new Mk1 Fabia vRS?

petesimcock

Im considering getting a new car and seeing as though skoda and vw no longer offer a small 'warm' diesel, I've been drawn towards the new seat ibiza fr. They do a 2.0 cr tdi with 143bhp with a quoted 60.1mpg combined which has interested me. Went and drove one at the weekend and it reminded me of the first time I drove my fabia. The interior is a little bland but so is the fabia's really. it drove really nicely and felt just about quick enough. Apparently a stage 1 map gets them to 195bhp, which I imagine would make it a fair bit quicker than my stage 1 mapped fabia. They seem to be relativly tuneable for now and im sure as the cr engines get older more people will develop stuff for them. Its also pretty cheap to insure and i think £100 road tax.

Wondered if anybody had driven one and had any thoughts? Or would like to chip in any other contenders I've missed?

Pete

I've been pondering over these not to buy now but maybe a future purchase! As its the only modern equivalent to the Fabia! It is very tempting is this car especially with that engine. Mate of mine just had his 140 Audi a3 mapped and it did 207bhp on the rollers :) so easily make it into a hot small diesel :)