Stanford Hall, May 26th 2013

daverapid

Hello. :hi:

As some of you know I help run Skoda Owners' Club G.B. I'm very proud to be involved with it and especially proud that we celebrated our 50th anniversary last year.

Anyway...I'll not waffle too much and get to the point!

Colin and John D very kindly invited SOCGB members to the big Briskoda meet at Gaydon a few years ago and it was obviously enjoyed by everyone. I very much like the idea of us working together. Back in the day so to speak SOCGB used to hold our big meet every year at Stanford Hall, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 6DH. It was a very popular event with our members and I have had a lot of members tell me how much they miss it. So...we are having a meet there on Sunday 26th May 2013. I'd like to "officially" [as if that's necessary] invite Briskoda members to this event.

What do you reckon? :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

:happy: It's really just a get together for like minded Skoda enthusiasts in the grounds of Stanford Hall. It's obviously not the sort of do where there's track day action ect. It starts at 11am, there is an admission fee of £8 per person paid to Stanford Hall [not the Club] and that includes a tour of the hall if that's your thing. To be honest the people and the cars are my thing! There is a cafe to buy food, drinks ect. The hall and grounds make a beautiful setting for some great photography, especially if the weather is kind to us. There will most likely be some sort of competition for fun, but certainly nothing formal. We don't do concours inspections or check that the 3rd screw on the left behind the glovebox has the correct thread pitch as is often thought the case with Owners' Clubs.

We will also be joined by other East European car Clubs so if you want to see some whacky, odd, rare and unusual old cars other than Skodas you should be in for a treat!

I should just point out that the Owners' Club is NOT just for owners of older Skodas as a lot of people think, just as well as there aren't many left and we probably wouldn't exist! I know I'm very open about being into older cars, but I'm not the whole Club. So, there will by a wide variety of all kinds of old, not quite so old and new cars. There will be membership forms and Club mags and merchandise about but you wont be pestered to join the Club by hard selling old men with beards, pipes and walking sticks, so just chill out and enjoy the day!

I'd love to see you there, whoever you are and whatever you drive, you will be most welcome. :happy:

http://stanfordhall.co.uk/index.php

• Like 2

Dave

Sounds like a really good day out so, hope to be there.

Stanford Hall is a brilliant venue, been to many VW events there.

Booking good weather as I write ! ! !

It's my first year as a Skoda owner.

Bought my new one in March 2012 Fabia Scout 1.6TDi CR Estate in Black Magic Pearl.

Brilliant, Looks great and It lives up to all the promises and more. I have owned many other makes and this is to date the best so far. Not seen any Scouts about, can't think why as it is something a bit different.

MRSP

Dave

Sounds like a really good day out so, hope to be there.

Stanford Hall is a brilliant venue, been to many VW events there.

Booking good weather as I write ! ! !

It's my first year as a Skoda owner.

Bought my new one in March 2012 Fabia Scout 1.6TDi CR Estate in Black Magic Pearl.

Brilliant, Looks great and It lives up to all the promises and more. I have owned many other makes and this is to date the best so far. Not seen any Scouts about, can't think why as it is something a bit different.

MRSP

It'd be good to have a close up look at a fabia Scout to compare it to the Roomster scout :thumbup:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was a good day. Had quite a few people looking at my vrs which is rare for mine! Good to see some oldies there too (Skodas I mean!) just a shame I had to leave early.

Hi,

Good to meet Briskoda people especially the vrs owners.

I wondered what you thought about the day in general?

John

Hi John, what did you think about the day in general?