sound deadening

Main reason for sound deadening is that I will put new speakers in, so just get nicer sound. And how can I reduce road noise, not that I really need it.

unfortunaly thats what i thought i would achieve also but i found out it dosent Work that way ,the improvement was very very Little but i enjoyed the challenge of taking apart the doors and laerning how to apply the deadning

So you suggest not to do whole doors, but just work on bit where speaker is? I found this; http://audiovisualwo...e-diffuser.html But have no idea how much of it I get for £15ish. So I just put it behind the speaker, so bass reflects nicely?

I am not sure about floor on mine, as it is not like on Octy, just 2mm fabric, it is foamy like and much more "heavy duty".

i would also suggest to just do the area around the speakers and maybe behind :):rock:

......my opinion is dont Waste your time and Money,its not worht it.

And just remeber that deadning will make the car heavier and use more fuel.

In order to get it to have a good effect you have too deaden all of the car ,roof,floors ,door ,boot etc, and you will see improvement if you instal some subwoofers in the back etc.

i deaden the doors and boot ,it took me a couple a days to put in as this stuff has to be soften with a blow dryer in order to form it to the shape of the doors plus Money costs wasnt worth it in the end as the improvement is small road noise has been cut Down a lit bit and it has made the car haevier = more fuel consumtion.

i bought my stuff from a guy from the talkaudio.co.uk WHO is a judge i n car audio competion and Sells some good stuff cheap.

............need more help let me know :)

you bought Darrens stuff. That is VERY good and used by most of the top competitors. Its thick and heavy though, heavier than your everyday silent coat stuff

• Like 1

Well i wouldn't say I have problem with sound in my car, but I just though about new speakers which would (in my mind) make it better. So I should probably just get that wave deffuser foam thing for that.

Behind door cards doors are metal, no insulation whatsoever.

There are loads of options sound deadening wise - and I have used and sold most of them

If you are upgrading your audio its not a luxury its a neccessity.

Dynamat Extreme is very good but is also quite expensive depending on how much you want to use. Skinz is a very good product also but takes a bit more heat than Dynamat. Armour make their own version and although its cheaper than both aforementioned products its actually very good. I would recommend this if trying to sound deaden on a budget.