Adjusting headlights and thoughts about service

Ive just swapped the stock bulbs to Philips Extreme Vision bulbs. But ive read somewhere here that i should adjust the lights and lift them up a bit more to get the best out of my lights.

Should i adjust both high and low beam or just the high beam? Where is the adjustment screw?

My 1.2 TSI is on variable service. What will be done at my first service? Just a oil and filter change?

On top of the headlight unit have a look under bonnet ,greenish hex turn turn it slowly against a flat surface

Will that adjust both low and high or just one of them?

Any idea on how much i should adjust or should i adjust "on the fly" and stop wherever i think it looks right?

It may not be necessary to adjust yours at all. Some people here recommend it just because some dealers don't do their jobs properly and deliver cars to people with the beams too low. It's hard to say if yours needs adjustment. If you feel that you can't see well at night, mention it to your dealer when you go in for the service, or even before that if you can't wait.

First service is an oil and filter change and some checks. Maybe a cabin filter too, but not sure.

Edited by FAB59

It may not be necessary to adjust yours at all. Some people here recommend it just because some dealers don't do their jobs properly and deliver cars to people with the beams too low. It's hard to say if yours needs adjustment. If you feel that you can't see well at night, mention it to your dealer when you go in for the service, or even before that if you can't wait.

First service is an oil and filter change and some checks. Maybe a pollen filter too, but not sure.

Thanks for your reply. I will try it against a wall tomorrow evening. I think they are quite good in height but it wont hurt to have a look.

Regarding the service. Is that also for variable service? Since i will probably be doing my first service around 20000km or

Regarding the service. Is that also for variable service? Since i will probably be doing my first service around 20000km or

That's a good question, sorry, I overlooked the fact you're on variable. Maybe someone else on here can be more specific about that.