Gruff exhaust on 140 Estate

Hmmm, carpet tape lasted 2 days of driving before the heat of the engine made the adhesive less sticky, which lost its grip and the intake was rattling round again.

So, it was back to the trusty aluminium insulation tape again to save the day, until SUK replace the intake pipe.

Had this problem on my Octavia, the mechanic put a couple of self tapping screws in the housing. No more rattling after that.

When I describe the sound to him he seemed to know the problem straight away, I thought it was much more of a serious problem because of how bad the rattle sounded.

Ah, this old chestnut. This intake system is so prone to rattles it's unbelievable. I stripped the entire intake system from inlet to MAF and taped up any suspect joints. There were two: the one shown in the picture and another joint underneath that inlet box, the more square shaped piece of plastic inlet piping was rattling like a pig on mine. I might opt for a more permanent solution involving high power adhesive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Could you please post a photo showing what are the parts that got replaced? or if you have the reference numbers it could be great to share since it's a so much common problem with our superbs.. Just wondering if I could buy those parts and fit them by myself...

It's just the pipe? what about the cover that is not holding correctly, I mean the one that we were all holding with tape... That's why I was asking for pics or references, they look to be a set of pieces and not just one.

Thank you very much in advance!!

Hello,

Could you please post a photo showing what are the parts that got replaced? or if you have the reference numbers it could be great to share since it's a so much common problem with our superbs.. Just wondering if I could buy those parts and fit them by myself...

It's just the pipe? what about the cover that is not holding correctly, I mean the one that we were all holding with tape... That's why I was asking for pics or references, they look to be a set of pieces and not just one.

Thank you very much in advance!!

Read posts #7 #14 and #25 above mate. Sorry, I don't know the part number, but I have described which part it is in my previous posts and photos...

Hey first, thank you for replying. I know all of your pics and I know that loose cover that I've been trying to hold since last September. Also I've tried, as per a post from another forum, to hold the whole pipe using strapes... without any luck. That's why I was asking you, if what they replaced was just the loose cover or also the "box" into the loose covers holds or not just that but also the pipe that connects with this two pieces... or if anything else?

It's ok not to know the references, I can look for them on ETKA but, what I would like to know, and I think you don't specify in your posts, is just which parts were replaced. Maybe just looking at which ones are clean and new if you're not sure? I mean, if it's the cover, the box and the pipe, are you sure there's nothing else replaced? and again, are you sure the pipe that connects to them was too replaced?

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.