Is it possible to connect Ipod to a standard Skoda headunit?

I've already bought one of those radio transmitters that plugs into your iphone/ipod audi jack and it was terrible for interference! Just wondered if there was a way of connecting an audio lead into my factory fitted headunit, as I don't want to fit a Halfrauds special one as I ideally want to keep it standard, and I have a 6 CD changer in the boot. Mine is the type with the tape player in the dash with no CD slot (all in the boot) and it has climate control, its the 2004 (mk1) Elegance model TDi. I'll have to get a pic unless someone knows the one I mean. I haven't had it out to see if there is an aux in but most cars nowadays have aux inputs in easy to find locations :( helppp!

How rude :D

But no mate... Not got one, i thought about it so inside looked standard but a nice system lurking ;)

But unless you got a car with a odd shape and adaptors look poop, or say a nice factory sat nav or sorts :)

Id go that route tbh if had a mk5 R32 with navi or a mk2 octy

But i desided fook it with mine :D

Used on ebay is your only route for them, as new rrp is noooooooooots :(

You've baffled me, poor brain! I did try one of those tape to iPhone Audio jack, but it only played out of one side of the cars' speakers! Might have been a dodgy one I suppose...

So unless I get another headunit (which I don't want to) the only options I have are that tape converter or the crap radio transmitter I've got at the minute?

You've baffled me, poor brain! I did try one of those tape to iPhone Audio jack, but it only played out of one side of the cars' speakers! Might have been a dodgy one I suppose...

So unless I get another headunit (which I don't want to) the only options I have are that tape converter or the crap radio transmitter I've got at the minute?

put your finger into the tape deck and gently push it down, its the cable not allowing full insertion. then it will come from both speakers

• Like 2

I've got a Dension Ice Link which connects my iPod classic to the CD changer plug on the back of the factory head unit.

Think this is a newer version of the same thing;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dension-Gateway-100-iPod-Adapter-inc-cradle-Volkswagen-Golf-Passat-Polo-Lupo-/380446537504?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item5894617720

I mounted the cradle inside the glovebox so its out of sight. You do lose the use of the CD changer though

• Like 1