Look what I found during my first service!

jamwatn

On a pd130 engine that "nasty" mod will add at least 35 bhp and a big heap of torque...on mine years ago it also did more mpg...by taking it off you now have a 130bhp ish engine i.e. back to standard

Higher MPG on readout on dash maybe. In practice, doubt it.

Edited by anewman

So you improve mpg by adding more fuel to the extent that the excess passes through without burning up and coming out the back as smoke? Think about that for a moment.

• Like 1

I do the the same 90+ miles each day and my lifetime average is 41.x mpg, I've had fills as low as 35mpg and as high as 55mpg. Comparing consecutive fills against each other isn't exact, that's why you average the data.

For example my 35 mpg was due to a vented fill so next time round it was much higher than average, looking at the data i've put as much as 55ltrs in a 45ltr tank, while some return almost exactly 41mpg the rest tend to be +/- a few mpg.