Driver power 2013 survey. Give the yeti what it deserves

Dinski

A friend of mine said he was on a ford kuga forum and they were discussing giving the yeti terrible reviews so to improve the kugas chances of winning driver power award.

I do hope they will only accept one review per IP address now.

A friend of mine said he was on a ford kuga forum and they were discussing giving the yeti terrible reviews so to improve the kugas chances of winning driver power award.

I do hope they will only accept one review per IP address now.

That shows, if true, just how desperate they must be then if they have to resort to such tactics.

The Kuga can't be so bad vs the Yeti that it can't win its own awards on merit? If it is THAT bad then why are Kuga owners seemingly fighting for their cause instead of getting rid and buying a car worth voting FOR instead of AGAINST?!

• Like 1

That shows, if true, just how desperate they must be then if they have to resort to such tactics.

The Kuga can't be so bad vs the Yeti that it can't win its own awards on merit? If it is THAT bad then why are Kuga owners seemingly fighting for their cause instead of getting rid and buying a car worth voting FOR instead of AGAINST?!

Couldn't agree more, ill ask him for a link so we can have a giggle about how pathetic it is.

I've just done the Which? pole too as that's another no.1 position to protect! I wonder how much of an effect all these good results will have on long term residual values? It can only help. Certainly the Skoda image has changed immeasurably in the last few years, & i'm fairly sure the Yeti & the Vrs cars currently spearhead that image revolution as they open up the brand to an even wider audience. It obviously helps that the cars really do have the ability to back up the hype!

Well, I've completed the survey and whilst I have been totally truthful, my answers are not as positive as last year's nor as positive as some of you, as my experience of ownership hasn't been brilliant.

Yes the car is great, and I'd certainly put it at the top of my list when it comes time to change, but I've had several niggling faults that took far too long to sort (failed heated seats x3 times, coolant leak, headlamp failure, stiff handbrake escalator) and servicing is more expensive than many of you quote. Can't fault dealer friendliness though!

Know the feeling, just short of 3 years old.

Has had:

Xenon headlamp adjuster

New turbo

New heeated seat

New Sunroof

oh and today a new timing chain....

Feel like I've personally debugged the 1.2tsi.

Saying that, still like it / wife loves it (she hated previous Fabia).

• 4 weeks later...

Before anyone says anything I know they are different surveys. But I read this article today see picture) and have looked online for the list but can't find it.

If anyone has seen this please provide a link.

Sorry pic not working here's a link

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/302838/Skoda-has-last-laugh-after-being-voted-top-car-/

Edited by Dinski