3 Lands Point & Netherlands American Cemetery (snow)

FUBAR

A little trip out today and took a few (happy snappy) pics. Pictures themselves are not of any real quality or style as I know little to nothing about actual photography but there was some snow on the ground and wanted to take some to have in contrast to the summer.

First I went to Drie Landen Punt (3 Lands Point) in Vaalserberg Netherlands. This is where the Netherlands, Belgium and German borders meet and also the highest point in the Netherlands. It was freezing and was not dressed for it so quick stop. Went up the tower that looks down over the 3 countries.

Click on pictures for bigger size

The tower

Tower%25201.jpg

Top of tower...

Tower%25206.jpg

Tower%25207.jpg

View from top

Tower%25203.jpg

Tower%25208.jpg

Tower%252011.jpg

Then on to the 'Netherlands American Cemetery'. Not seen one in the snow before and thought might be a different view for some as many tend to visit such places during the summer. A World War II cemetery and memorial with 8301 buried and the names on tablets of 1722 missing. To put it into scale the cemetery is 65.5 acres! In the book of remembrance on the current page one person after their details in the remarks column wrote very aptly, "Too Many!". I couldn't agree more.

Memorial%252012.jpg

Memorial%25203.jpg

Memorial%25204.jpg

Memorial%25207.jpg

Memorial%25209.jpg

Memorial%252010.jpg

Memorial%25206%2528a%2529.jpg

Memorial%25205.jpg

• Like 3