MFSW and bluetooth

I've just bought an Octavia 1.6 TDI SE Plus.

I have noticed that if the Amundsen+ is switched off, the MFSW will allow me to access my mobile phone via bluetooth and display the menus on the maxidot. However, the scroll wheel doesn't work and I can only select using the call and back button.

As soon as I switch the amundsen on the scroll wheel works again.

Is this common or is it a fault?

When the Amundsen is off its not really off, Bluetooth phone prep remains active. Pretty sure you should be able to access all phone menus via the Maxidot.

That said I am assuming the SE plus uses the Amundsens built in BT module and doesnt have one of the add on modules like most other Octavias.

Hmmm... I checked again and the scroll wheel defo doesn't work when the amundsen is on standby.

Could someone else please check there's to see if it has the same problem or not? If not I obviously need to get it fixed. Presume it is just a software issue.

Just checked on mine; Amundsen off and full BT menu and device functions available through the maxidot via the MFSW, able to look at phone book, call register and dial voicemail. Phone menu on Amundsen fires up when making/receiving calls, goes off again once done.

My car is a Blackline though and its BT module is built into the Amundsen plus headunit; I dont know for certain if the BT in an SE plus is the same or has a separate BT module (usually under the front passenger seat) as per the usual factory BT prep.

I suspect the SE plus also uses the Amundsens built in BT module (as it is marketed as having GSM II HFP only BT prep rather than GSM III rSAP and HFP prep as is normally installed; only difference being the Amundsen plus installed in the SE plus doesnt have the DAB module or at least isnt coded and doesnt have the antenna installed.

Ok thanks for checking. I'm testing again now and the scroll wheel definitely doesn't work when the amundsen+ is turned off.

It does seem strange that I can get into the the menus and see them but only select the line that the menu is on, I can't scroll to another line :/

Suspect this is a fault then :(

No probs. Again can only speak for the BT prep in my Blackline; may well behave differently to that of the SE plus.....i'd struggle to imagine that Skoda went to the trouble of installing a separate BT module when the Amundsen plus typically has it built in but then who knows.

Way to tell, have a look under your passenger seat; if it has a separate BT module then it will be located under a polystyrene cover under there; I doubt there is one but would be useful to know.

I just had a look under the seat. I really need a torch to see properly, but I can see some wires and a yellowish cover that does look like it could be polystyrene. I can't imagine what the wores would be for other than bluetooth as I don't have heated or electric seats. I guess for the seatbelt detection though?

Can anyone else please have a look at this?

I called Škoda and they just want me to take it in to a dealership. Before that though it would be really helpful to know if it is definitely a fault. By the way, deleting and recreating the pairing didn't help.

I am using an iPhone 5 and pairing it with my Octavia SE Plus, which has an Amundsen+

Unless the Amundsen is on, the scroll wheels on the MFSW do not work, other than for pressing them in as a button. You cannot scroll up or down.

Just checked my 12 reg SE Plus and when I press the scroll wheel I can get to phonebook but not scroll to change what is highlighted unless I turn on the Amundsen+.

OK, thanks BEK. Looks like this is common then and not a fault with just mine.

I wonder if it is a software bug which should not happen, or whether it is just impossible for the bluetooth to access the phone completely without the Amundsen+ being on.

I found that I can still use the volume button to make a phone call via voice control.

This partially turns on the Amundsen+ but still does not activate the scroll wheel fully.

When I am driving but do not want any music on, I turn the radio volume right down so that I can only hear traffic announcements and can fully use the phone controls.

• 2 weeks later...