Skoda Octavia 2004 (54) 1.9tdi L&K Multiple niggles

Just contacted Skoda UK, they said because of the age of the car it is outside Skodas normal manufactures warranty, however I do hold an extended Manufacturers warranty and the best course of action would be to liase with both Griffin Mill in Cardiff and David Ian in Morcambe. I was told that if I have requested Griffin Mill to Contact David Ian then Griffin will have to respond and contact David Ian and advise them what the costs will be.

I Spoke to the sales guy at David Ian and he sounded extremerly reasuring that the problems will be sorted, to the point that if I get the car to an audio shop they would foot the bill???

Still a bit wary??

Sounds more like it.

From what I have read on here in the past, the dealers usually fix any issues without (much?) question.

Perhaps there was a slight miscommunication/misunderstanding where the dealers are concerned.

>>>

I Spoke to the sales guy at David Ian and he sounded extremerly reasuring that the problems will be sorted, to the point that if I get the car to an audio shop they would foot the bill???

>>>

Thts brilliant use!

Keep us posted !

Even better get wot was agreed in writing!!!!

Gud luck!

It could be a case that David Ian want to help but want to ascertain what exactly Griffin Mill are going to say. And Griffin Mill arent interested???

I know it is easy to say "take it back, get a refund" but what would you guys do. Its a really nice car with just the niggles.

Am I wrong to feel a bit uptight about the Diagnostics check based on the fact that those problems shouldnt have been a problem in the 1st place thus rectified in the first place.

I have been out too the car this eve and I dont even think they have even looked at the door switch, there is no usual sign of tamper. Nothing.

A friend owns a garage, would it be worth me getting a second opinion and have him plug the car into a VAGCOM?? instead of Skoda charge me £60 for a fault that shouldnt be there in the 1st place??

Morning all,

An update.

Spoke to David Ian this morning, this time to the sales manager and he has said that if I can get an invoice to them then they will authorise the work and get the car sorted. I asked if I can take it to any garage and they have said yes, which is fine by me.

Very helpful, just have to hold on, wait and see.

I had the car on a Diognostics computer and there are no faults appart from a P1855 code, which according to one forum is a code that flags up all the time in relation to an update on the ECU that VAGroup hasnt recognised. It highlights ECU BUS, engine wiring etc. Sounds worse that it does.

I hope that this isnt another BMW scenario all over again.

Ok all,

The car has been to a garage and quoted work for new pads, disks, driver window control panel, speakers, Control module for heated seats and something else I think...... But anyway its costing £300 inc labour and parts from main dealer at the expense of the dealership.

I just hope now the problems are resolved.

The dealer has appologised and have been very very good, so on the whole I am satisfied at this time.

PW

Yea I explained that I did not want it through warranty as the car should have never been sold with the issues and after less than a week I shouldnt be ringing them with multiple issues.

If it was sold to me with the issues highlighted then I would have never driven 4 hours to get the car, I would have requested that the issues are resolved before I left.

I explained that I do like the car very much but unless the problems could be sorted then I would be returning the car in the next 24hours and contacting Skoda UK and making a complaint to Griffin Mill direct and through Skoda UK for poor customer service, attitude etc.

I will be making a complaint anyway to Skoda about Griffin Mill as the attitude and such poor poor service and they way the Service manager walked me outside to brush me off and throw me a shed full of bull about warranty etc. However if the issues are resolved then I will contact David Ian with praise and mentioning to Skoda UK how they have helped and resolved the issue.

Its all about principle and hats off, David Ian Skoda have put their hands up and are willing to resolve the issue, quickly and trouble free.

I dropped the car off this evening ready for the morning for the mechanic to begin work straight away. I shall certainly keep you all posted

Regards

PW

Evening all,

Right all the work has been carried out, brakes are outstanding, they had to be bled too. The speakers are bliss, nice to hear my music without the interference. the window switch did the trick... But one problem prevails, the heated seat switch was changed but still the problem persists, i have been told it could be the heat mats in the seats or something else maybe. What do you think guys and galls??

Car is magic otherwise.

I'd say, as both heated seats don't work at all, it's unlikely to be the elements.

I'm surprised they didn't carry out further checks to narrow it down. It's would be fairly simple to check continuity on the elements to rule them out.

I'd now suspect the heated seat controller.....it's a relay under the passenger seat that supplies both seats.