Airbag problem help!

Gsaiev1

Right I have a octy 4x4 elegance, which consist of driver airbag passenger and 2 side airbags which are in the seat, I have just been putting in some vrs interia which when I thought they haven't got side airbags? What is the outcome will my airbags work? Is there anything I can do? Thanks

the vrs interior does not have airbags (unless its from a wrc) which i doubt it is,

so no, your airbags wont work, as they wont be in the car anymore.

the front driver and passenger airbags, should still work, unless there is some reason that i don't know of.

not ideal imo, fitting seats without side airbags, in essence, you will be making the car less safe.

why not fit some interior from a gti, s3?

also will need to get the Seat bags coded out (turned off) via Vagcom as the airbag light on the dash will be on.

So there is a way I can code them to be turned off? So dash light will be out? Would you no how to do this via vagcom? Do I need to put original seats in again? Thanks

no dont think you need to put original seats in, you just need someone with vag.com to code it for you as said, i have never done this so have no experience in doing this however, so can't offer any more help.

Its a shame, as the vrs seats are rubbish imo, and are a step down from most of the other vag seat offerings (which do have airbags, and better bolster support)

i thought you could, but perhaps not, again i haven't done this, you will need to look on something like ukmk4.net, a golf forum, there will be details on there from owners who have fitted resistors to fool the ecu with airbags.