Fabia VRS to Octavia FL VRS

GrahamVRS

After 3 months of searching for the right car, this week I bid farewell to my MK1 Fabia VRS and picked up my FL Octavia VRS TDI DSG. I bought the Fabia 2 years ago for some serious mile munching I was doing. Though circumstances have changed now, getting another diesel seemed to make sense in case I have to begin doing serious miles again.

The Octy has Xenons, MDI, rear parking sensors and MFSW (standard on DSG anyway). The DSG is superb and I was pleased with the 59mpg I got on a 70 mile motorway trip the other day, making it comparable to the Furby in terms of economy.

Planning to keep it standard until the car is out of manufacturer warranty, then who knows :think:

post-67377-0-61603100-1361095476_thumb.jpg

post-67377-0-30740700-1361095490_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

How are you getting 59mpg???!

Mines shlte in comparison. Combined is on 36 now

Must have been a strong tailwind on the day! Motorway journeys are getting me about 52mpg now. Combined is on 47.1 over 800 miles.

• 1 month later...

That's great mpg mate! I'm doing the same thing as you were doing but the other way round. Jumping from Octavia Vrs (Petrol) to Fabia mk1 Vrs. I'm hoping to get more mpg from the Fabia as i do urban driving a lot. My Octy burned up 1 gallon a day! :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not bad MPG pal I manage to get 52MPG on my airport run other week. Do you think it wants to change up to 5th rather quickly after 30mph lol

Yes, sometimes it changes up a tad early but the more I drive it, I'm getting to learn the box better. Rarely have to drop a gear on the paddles anymore after getting a feel for a "soft" kick down for the change I want.

Oh, and the mpg is improving massively with the warmer weather too!