<3000 miles and falling apart!

ATCO

My wife left Cornwall with a complete Yeti and arrived in Hampshire with the plastic trim missing from the outside rear of the right hand roof rail. I doubt she ever exceeded 60 - 65 mph too. Hopefully, that'll be covered under warranty.

To compound matters, we trashed a winter tyre in a pot hole masquerading as a puddle when heading out on Valentine's Day evening. I was driving so apparently it was my fault.....

Bad luck! The suspect roof rail trim strikes again (several previous threads, I think?). And the wrecked tyre shows, if it were needed, that the UK16"SpecialBuildClub is not immune from pothole damage :sweat:

Edited by brijo

Bad luck! The suspect roof rail trim strikes again (several previous threads, I think?). And the wrecked tyre shows, if it were needed, that the UK16"SpecialBuildClub is not immune from pothole damage :sweat:

UK 16" SpecialBuildClub? Are you suggesting that Skoda WILL build a Yeti with 16s? The only thing putting SWMBO off a Yeti is the 17" and short sidewall (she feels the ride it too harsh). We asked a dealership and they said it wasn't possible to have them on an SE.

UK 16" SpecialBuildClub? Are you suggesting that Skoda WILL build a Yeti with 16s? The only thing putting SWMBO off a Yeti is the 17" and short sidewall (she feels the ride it too harsh). We asked a dealership and they said it wasn't possible to have them on an SE.

Others know far more than I, but we took delivery in October after Skoda UK agreed to supply our Elegance model with 16" Moon Alloys in a no cost change to the standard wheels. it took a bit of persistence, but we got there in the end. There are several threads on the subject on this forum. We wanted the change for the same reason as you and have been delighted with the result (pot holes apart!). Good Luck.

Edited by ATCO
  • Like 1

Others know far more than I, but we took delivery in October after Skoda UK agreed to supply our Elegance model with 16" Moon Alloys in a no cost change to the standard wheels. it took a bit of persistence, but we got there in the end. There are several threads on the subject on this forum. We wanted the change for the same reason as you and have been delighted with the result (pot holes apart!). Good Luck.

Thanks for that, persistence is key then so it would seem. Sorry to go off topic and sorry to read about your bad news. Hopefully you can get the trim of the roof rail sorted under warranty.

Thanks Brijo - it was a teeth crunching impact, I think any road tyre would have met much the same fate!

Thanks for that, persistence is key then so it would seem. Sorry to go off topic and sorry to read about your bad news. Hopefully you can get the trim of the roof rail sorted under warranty.

The dealers cannot help you have to flood Skoda UK with e-mails and bombard them with phone calls, as they don't like being proved wrong on their specification selection :giggle: and if that fails try the boss [email protected] ;)

I believe there are 9 UK Special builds currently, so their quite incorrect to say it's impossible; mine is two years old in April :)

8489488285_f5a9436886_z.jpg

Oh to prove that she's factory equipped with 16" Moon alloys the dealer took this photo when she arrived :D

Best of luck,

TP

• Like 2

The dealers cannot help you have to flood Skoda UK with e-mails and bombard them with phone calls, as they don't like being proved wrong on their specification selection :giggle: and if that fails try the boss [email protected] ;)...I believe there are 9 UK Special builds currently, so their quite incorrect to say it's impossible; mine is two years old in April :)....Oh to prove that she's factory equipped with 16" Moon alloys the dealer took this photo when she arrived :D....

Agreed, but I think most of us have finished up going straight to the boss (it was Robert Hazelwood for most of us, I think). Just reasonably and politely state your reasons for wanting/needing 215/60/16 rubber (poor local roads, medical or whatever). Quote the existing membership (http://www.briskoda....bership-closed/ - I can't now edit the posted list to include myMinimeandme's Silver Elegance 2.0 4x4 DSG Ordered 1st Aug 2011 delivered 7th April 2012, posted by him later in the thread).

You might also like to look at http://www.briskoda....re-a-next-step/ but there are other threads too.

TP - I like the pic - point positively proved!! Do you agree that it would be useful on the members' pics thread, for the record, or added it to the 'Membership Closed' thread? I'd hate it to be lost here, on an alien thread.

Brian

PS If you go to Vegit8's "Yeti Orders" spreadsheet https://docs.google....Y5eTFaSmc#gid=1 you can see the dealers who handled some of the 16" Specials!

Edited by brijo

I lost a trim a couple of months after buying my Yeti. Dealer replaced without any questions and said that they had had to replace this trim on a few other Yetis but there was no consistency as to which corner the trim fell off. Make sure when they replace it that it is given a really hard whack into place!

The dealers cannot help you have to flood Skoda UK with e-mails and bombard them with phone calls, as they don't like being proved wrong on their specification selection :giggle: and if that fails try the boss [email protected] ;)

I believe there are 9 UK Special builds currently, so their quite incorrect to say it's impossible; mine is two years old in April :)

8489488285_f5a9436886_z.jpg

Oh to prove that she's factory equipped with 16" Moon alloys the dealer took this photo when she arrived :D

Best of luck,

TP

I think I'll try and formulate a question for the new 'ask Skoda' thread :thumbup:

I think I'll try and formulate a question for the new 'ask Skoda' thread :thumbup:

You can get the order changed up until the point where the build date has been confirmed, after that everything is locked down so that the correct parts arrive at the production line for your vehicle.

The dealer most definitely cannot source 16" rims, unless you buy them as an extra over and above the 17" ones supplied with the car.

You can get the order changed up until the point where the build date has been confirmed, after that everything is locked down so that the correct parts arrive at the production line for your vehicle.

The dealer most definitely cannot source 16" rims, unless you buy them as an extra over and above the 17" ones supplied with the car.

My dealer would have been happy to swap 17" from my new Elegance with 16" from a new Greenline. He told me that many Greenline customers wanted the 17" wheels rather than standard 16" wheels. In the end Skoda UK were happy to supply my Elegance with 16" wheels so there was no need for any swapping.