I'm an idiot. How do I fix this?

jonboyuk

So it's January, it's snowing in the UK (for a change) and I got home one day to see about a foot of snow on my car. I thought I'd manually remove it from the roof with my window scraper, I honestly don't know what I was thinking because when it dried off the next day, this is what my roof looked like! :wall: EVERYWHERE!

2013-02-19%2015.06.18%20%28Copy%29.jpg

Anyway, it seems like I haven't actually scraped any paint off - just the lacquer. The next photo shows this as some of the light red has peeled to reveal the actual paint work underneath

2013-02-19%2015.07.09%20%28Copy%29.jpg

(I know, it needs a clean!) Anyway, what on earth can I do? I'm fearing the loss of £500+ :sweat:

• 1 month later...

It looks like the lacquer has come away from the top coat, many many reasons for this ( cheap lacquer, basecoat left too long before lacquer applied etc) but they all end up being bad for you. It's going to be either a repaint or wrap, depending on your requirements.

Lacquer has broken away in a few places so there is no fixing that with cleaning! Personally I would flat back the damage then wrap it!