Another new Octavia VRS driver

Elliotts

Black VRS diesel, 61 plate, have had it for 2 weeks now, and very happy with it.

Went from a A4 avant company car to this, my own, and so far it's really impressed. Much better pickup, and economy is at least 10% better, which I'm impressed with as I think its basically the same engine.

Its got the Bury dealer fit bluetooth in it, which I'm also really surprised by - I have two phones, a work one and a personal, and it will pair with the two phones at the same time, allowing music (or podcasts) playback from one, and calls coming inwards on the other, and all voice activated.

Couple of minor niggles, firstly the locking which seems to have to be pressed twice for the back doors. I think this is a anti-hijack feature, but not sure. I guess it can be programmed out?

And an annoying intermittent rattle from the central sun-glasses box in the ceiling. I'll have to find a bit of rubber and jam it.

But, given that I'm putting on about 3k miles a month, I think it's a really good buy.

Anyway, that's me.. Black Oct Vrs hatch, North Wiltshire, big grin!

post-99122-0-44904200-1361644823_thumb.jpg

Welcome - nice car. If you have maxidot you can set the doors to open and close to suit. If you haven't have a look at the list of vcds folks on here - can be done quite easily. Rattles can be cured by cutting some foam to fit in the door pockets and glasses holder...mine no longer has this problem.

Thanks all, and yes Paul, the maxidot is there, found in the model how to activate it, and changed the settings. Hadn't even realised that there was a further menu contained within it activated from the right hand stork, so thanks for that.