Felicia any good mpg etc

Hi Guys,

i'm kind of looking for a new car at the moment because i've racked nearly 8000 miles on my Tiesto Citigo since september 14th 2012 and i dont want it getting much more within the next 6 months, my commute if 13000 miles a year standard plus theyre having me drive all over the country now and then and I only get 30p a mile so I dont really want to be abusing my citigo at such a small pay out per mile.

Now my brother is selling his Felicia 1.6 GLX estate because the tax runs out tomorrow and he has a diesel fiesta as well, I was just wondering if anyone on here knew if theyre any good on mpg good car? etc oh and my commute is half motorway and half country roads quite a bit of stop start in between

Thanks in advance

Monkey

Hi, assuming it's running as it should be I reckon you'd be looking at low to mid 30's urban equivalent & around +10 ish on that for steady motorway. ;)

thats not bad for a 1.6 is it! i tend to stick to 60 on motorway try and save on fuel you only end up in traffic on the other end anyway haha!

thats not bad for a 1.6 is it! i tend to stick to 60 on motorway try and save on fuel you only end up in traffic on the other end anyway haha!

My 1.6 is pretty good considering but it is an mpi. Still have to watch the right foot mind you ! :smirk:

My 1.9D does about 42-47MPG, mixed driving. Equates to about 450 miles from brim to brim (42 litres).

My 1.6MPI does about 32-36MPG again, mixed. Equates to about 300 miles from brim to brim (42 litres, also).

With both of these, I am occasionally very light footed, but in almost equal measure, my foot is hard down just to keep from being bored really, I dunno.

JJ

Get a diesel and run it on wvo. I get my oil for 35p a litre.

Still get paid 45p for the first 10,000 and 25p for the other 30,000 i do a year.

I chuck it in a landrover 110 but it still means it does the equivalent of 120mpg on a cost comparison basis ;) Lots other old diesels are great on it. Just do some investimigation beforehand.

Just an option of course!

• Like 1

Apparently, indirect injection engines are particularly able of running on WVO (as the AEF 1.9D is). There doesn't seem to be much of a downside when you justify it based on cost alone. Anecdotally, youll hear people whove run their cars on it for years with little or no problems. Keep it on the hush though - the government will no doubt be keen to charge heavy duty on used chip fat! :drunk:

Ran ours for a couple of year with no problems.

You are allowed 2500 litres a year without paying fuel duty :)

Think because they realised how much better for the environment it is and wanted to reduce the UK's carbon output.

Phil