Rattle where seatbelt is fed out

There is an annoying rattle, right by my ear where the seatbelt is fed out from the vertically adjustable slot on the door pillar.

Does anyone else have this? It seems like a fairly minor thing, but it is very annoying to have there all the time when driving and I can even hear it over music. The car is only 8 months old too so I think it is unacceptable.

Can I have this sort of thing fixed under warranty?

Sure you can. Just be aware that the car will likely develop some minor rattles as it gets older; all down to personal preference but I generally just accept these things. No guarantee after all that dealer intervention will cure it permanently if at all; could even make it worse.

I seem to have a rattle from the passenger seat belt when its not being used just the buckle rattling against the hard plastic on the pillar, I'm trying to figure out whats the best soft material to fit to the pillar to stop rattle .

I seem to have a rattle from the passenger seat belt when its not being used just the buckle rattling against the hard plastic on the pillar, I'm trying to figure out whats the best soft material to fit to the pillar to stop rattle .

Yep; took me a while to figure what that was; I just fasten the belt when no passenger aboard now.

• Like 1

I try to keep the buckle slid to the top as far as it'll go, seems to tuck under the belt as it passes into the pillar. Doesn't always stay there if the road surface is a bit uneven, but seems to hang there most times. Just a pain asking people to reposition it when they get out. I understand Audi have some kind of protection/retainer/securing point on the pillar that stops it knocking.