front door speakers

Hi guys im thinkin of upgradin the oem speakers in the front doors for some new component ones and wonderin will 6" round speakers fit ? Or will i have to mount them on some mdf ?

The absolute maximum depth of the speaker is about 55mm at a push without modifying the grill on the door card. You can get plastic adapters such as these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Volkswagon-Golf-Passat-Speaker-Mount-Adaptors-NEW-/170998939130?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27d054bdfa but I found that they made getting the door card back on a challenge which meant there was a chance the speaker was touching the door card also so I got some MDF rings and used strong glue to glue them to the door. I couldn't get the exact depth rings I wanted so I ended up buying 2 different depth rings and gluing them together too which has worked well so far . The speakers you will need are 6.5" components. I have some Pioneer TS-A171CI components which fit nicely.

Make the rings yourself. MDF off-cuts are cheap. Use M5 bolts to bolt them in the original locations of the rivets.

My speakers are 64mm deep which is a bit much but the door card still fits at a push.

I was plannin in makin my own mdf rings then fixin the speakers to them ive got some vibe 6"component speakers to put in so hopefully with ur info i shud get it sorted as soon as i get some time off work to fit them :)

Front doors will swallow a suprisingly large speaker without having to mod the card. I've got vibe space 6s in there, with a 65mm depth.

The speakers on the rear shelf are 4" i think, at least thats what ive got mounted in there now. really easy to swap out, pull carpet away, unscrew the plastic from the pillar (3 screws if i remember correctly) then the speaker is mounted to the underside by 4 more screws.

Fabias sound sweet with a nicely uprated system. I'm currently running vibe space 6s in the front, 3 speakers per door, vibe slick 5" in the rear doors 2 speakers per door, and then 4" vibe slicks in the side shelfs. Plus the mandatory fish tank in the boot, such a soundproofed car no-one knows until a window or door is opened.