0% VAT by Skoda

Just a quick one chaps, a quick breakdown for you, believe me I am in no way being patronising.

0% VAT

All Superb Hatch - petrol and diesel

Superb Estate - petrol only

0% APR

Superb Hatch - Elegance and L&K only - but ALL engines

Superb Estate - Elegance and L&K only - petrol engine only

The 0% APR is only available on the above models when financing a maximum of 50% up to 2 years.

Hope this helps and enjoy your cars :thumbup:

Can you confirm the Greenline Elegance Hatch is 0% APR Thanks again

Yes, all elegance models including greenline are subject to both offers.

If the text is a bit weird, sorry i'm on my phone - day off yet still come on the forum, i must be hooked ;-)

I personally applaud SUK's Zero vat ( 20% ( 16.7%)) discount & 0% finance, without this i could not have afforded my Octy vRS.

50% deposit as described above to get 0% finance, & the reduction brought the price down to just over £18K from close to £22K for the spec i wanted.

We had a new person turn up to a Maidstone meet who had a budget to buy a big Merc / Jag, had a ride then drive of a Superb & decided to add this car to his list, specced the 3 cars up to almost the same & found the price of the Superb was just over half the price of the other models. Chose the top spec model & loaded it, took his choice to a Skoda dealer & walked away with an even bigger smile on his face when told there was a further £5k off the price with the vat deal. HIs eventual car was far better specced than either of the other cars could offer & it came in at less than half the price of the nearest alternative.

And this is why I now drive a Superb and not a 5 Series anymore!

Two dealers have now told me that they have to 'contribute half of their margin' towards the NO VAT deal. While I usually tend to think of these kinds of statements as complete salesmans' BS, I once bought a Ducati on 0% finance and got told that the dealer had to contribute, and was then shown some paperwork which showed that it did indeed cost the dealership £400 or whatever of their £1000 profit to offer the O%.

It's not quite the same, but can anyone confirm *for certain* what the score is? I'm probably asking for someone in Skoda sales to just be honest here, but surely that's the best policy?

I mean, if a dealer still has their normal £1000+ margin on a new Fabia sale, then it's not asking too much for me to have another £500/ £600 off. Some dealers might even offer more than that in-order to get a sale, which is what the person above was suggesting by mentioning an extra £1000 off I assume. On the other hand, if their margin is genuinely cut down during this offer to about £800 or whatever, then as a potential customer it's no good angling for more than about £300 extra without making things difficult for yourself.

In other words (Skoda salespeople), be upfront and honest, and due to the type of person I am we stand more chance of agreeing a mutually acceptable deal. So, if anyone can shed any light, without guesswork etc...

Edited by Jaydash

I also heard the "dealer contributes half" statement when I was doing the rounds, but even if that is true it's not quite as straightforward.

Like most car makers, Skoda offer dealer incentives based on targets (pillars), which can make a big difference on profit for any given month. It can make the difference between profit and loss, so salespeople reading this are unlikely to be able to give you any consistant numbers or percentages, even if they were happy to.

I can see from your other post in ICE that you're a serious buyer who is going to buy a car. The best thing is to PM the site sponsors with your exact requirements and ask for their very best price. Most will offer delivery to any UK address. That's what I did and I got a price that beat any other internet broker and probably the best customer service I've experienced in a retail transaction.