Greetings Fellow Skoda Lovers........... esp Yeti Monsters

Greetings one and all here on the Briskoda site. I'm a newbie to the site but possibly one of the first Yeti owners in the UK and I now bow down to the wisdom and expertise of my fellow owners to see if anyone can help with a small dilemma.

First things first. I've noticed when my alarm activates, I get flashing indicators but NO sound WHATSOEVER. Interestingly I get the 'chirps' when I lock or unlock my beast. Further still after reading some similar posts I've 'discovered' something of interest.

When you do the 'lock your car with the window open and wave your arms about' thing, indeed the lights flash like a Russian Disco but still NO sound. The 'interesting' discovery I made was by turning the key in the driver's door as if to lock it, whilst simultaneously pressing lock on the fob. Then, and only then does the siren 'wail' like a snow monster wounded by a madman with a blunderbuss! Furthermore, when trying to set her off again to see if this did anything, all I get is my Russian Disco lights and NO sound, dammit!!!

Anyone who knows anything about these alarms, the fobs, electronics or suchlike who can help me 'reset' my monsters wail will receive a homemade fruitcake in the post.

I'll end on this chaps and chapettes, I was in the Yorkshire Dales last weekend when the snow was thrown from the Heavens, and I was staying in a very, VERY remote part on a hill of 25%. Well, my monster ('59 plate Yeti 1.8 TSi Elegance) in her summer sandals (no winter boots sadly as of yet) and with the aid of the off road button crawled down nervously on the icy hairpin bends and got me out of a scrape. UNLIKE my poor chum in his Renault Scenic. Riding on rims and airless tyres the poor fellow slid right past me to the bottom. Thankfully both he and his car were unhurt. Big up the boffins who made the Yeti!

I look forward to making some acquaintences with you soon. Remember, get my Yeti wailing again and you'll get one of my highly prized fruitcakes!

Cheery bye :hi:

Welcome to Briskoda. :) I recommend that you repost - ie cut and paste - your request for help in the Yeti forum where I would expect that you will be inundated with help.