I'm about to take the plunge...

What is 'pre-registered' anyway ( :) ) for a nooby like me?

I believe it means that the "dealer" registers the car in their name so you appear as the 2nd owner in the log book. The car is still effectively brand new' date=' but may affect the value of the car when you sell it on as it's technically had an extra owner..... :D [url']http://www.whatcar.co.uk/News_SpecialReport.asp?ST=&NA_ID=211666&EL_ID=[/url]

Chris

If it's a pre-reg it could be anything, but probably NOT the new reg, for example I know of a bike dealer that Pre-Reg'd a load of 954 fireblades before the latest model arrived, still has a few "Brand New" but on a 53 plate.

If it's a pre-reg it could be anything, but probably NOT the new reg, for example I know of a bike dealer that Pre-Reg'd a load of 954 fireblades before the latest model arrived, still has a few "Brand New" but on a 53 plate.

Many thanks for the help guys, and now a few more questions

I preferred the idea of buying from a dealer and I don't regret that. I know I could have got a better price from drivethedeal.com but a discount can be had from dealing with a Skoda dealer. I have a good relationship with the dealer and they often say "Oh, as you bought the car here, we won't charge you for x.y.z".

What made me buy the vRS? Performance, economy, quality, VALUE, the badge, the seats, the equipment... I don't have any regrets (apart from when I'm trying to engage first in traffic...)

Economy will depend lots on your driving style; I can get over 60 driven gently but well under 40 with a bit of caning

Bought mine as pre-reg as my local Skoda dealer was NOT prepared to do any kind of deal. I am (or should i say SWMBO) is more than happy with it and i would disagree with the What Car report in terms of you can't choose spec etc. My deal was pre-reg, saving of nearly 2k and i could have any spec and any colour i wanted. If and when you come to sell why would an additional owner on the log book make any difference, most dealers or private buyers will take the car on face and market value, a car is only really worth what anybody is prepared to pay for it, no matter what the guide books say! :)

So does any one have any dealer recommendations?

Some one must speak highly of the dealer they boought it off... (and be in the midlands:))

Check out the reviews sections from the Community tab at the top :D

Chris

Hi All,

Any advice for some one about to make the second largest purcahse of their life would be [

Hi

If it helps with your decision .... after nearly 30yrs with a company car ... I had to make

a private purchase and did`nt really have a clue what to buy ...... anyway after

visiting most of the dealerships in my area ..... I narrowed my purchase down to a

Peugeot 206 or a Ford Fiesta :o then two of my customers said why not look at a

Skoda ...... so I went to my local dealer in Bridgwater with the idea of buying a Fabia

ambiente ..... fortunately the demo car was out for 2 days .... so he let me loose in their

vRS on my own ...... so I did a 10 mile trip down the M5 j24 to j25 and back up the A38

very impressed :thumbup: I did`nt realise at the time I would be buying this particular

car ..... but it had already sold me on a fabia whatever the model .... anyway by the time

I got back to the dealer he ... offered me a deal on the vRS demo that I had just driven...

it was registered 1st March 05 plate and 3333 miles ....... done the deal there and then

its now 3 weeks later and I am loving every minute of driving the car ......

So the bottom line is ...... GO FOR IT ..... and if you dont mind a drive down to Bridgwater

I can recommend this dealer ...... see the dealer fact sheet :thumbup: