help with buying a octavia 2

hello there i am living in Sweden and im going to buy a skoda octavia 2 tomorow , the car has the trip 13 200 km and the timing belt is changed. its a Elegance 2006 not so high price , but before im going to buy this car what are the problems i must look after ? it is a normal problem on this car ??,

thanks if you skoda lovers can help me :)

hello there i am living in Sweden and im going to buy a skoda octavia 2 tomorow , the car has the trip 13 200 km and the timing belt is changed. its a Elegance 2006 , 1.6 mpi ,not so high price , but before im going to buy this car what are the problems i must look after ? it is a normal problem on this car ??,

thanks if you skoda lovers can help me :)

Is it 132,000 or 13,200km? What engine does it have? Most issues tend to be engine specific, although the air con compressor is one common item that springs to mind.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Is it 132,000 or 13,200km? What engine does it have? Most issues tend to be engine specific, although the air con compressor is one common item that springs to mind.

13,200 km , so the first timing belt was changed on 12.000 km its a 1.6 mpi , its cold here in sweden now going to be hard to see if the ac is working :/ some tips to see if it works good ?

13,200 km , so the first timing belt was changed on 12.000 km its a 1.6 mpi , its cold here in sweden now going to be hard to see if the ac is working :/ some tips to see if it works good ?

A/c won't work if outside temp is below 4 iirc

13200 km is very (suspiciously) low for a 2006 car. Its six years old - so I would check very carefully that the km is genuine.

1) The AC compressor needs checking - though if the Km is genuine, it should be OK. They go at about 75000 miles. The bearings break up and they make a noise and loose gas. They are expensive to buy and replace.

2) Its petrol so I'm not sure if it has a duel mass flywheel. These are a weak point too. Check for noise and vibration.

3) Check for a hot start. If it takes a takes a lot of spinning, then it needs a new battery.

4) Check that the rear compartment lights work. If they don't, its not just the bulbs, It could be the microswitch in the rear lock.

5) Check the rear parking sensors. When you put it in reverse, if there is a continuous bleep for six seconds - then there is a fault, usually a sensor.

6) Check that the rear wash wipe works. If no fluid is dispensed, then the pipe is off somewhere. Can be tricky to find. Its a common problem.

7) Check the rear tyres for uneven wear. Octavias have problems with the rear suspension geometry.

8) Check the front window for de-lamination

9) Check the anti - skid system. Should be no lights on the dash.

10) Check the clutch for free play. Should be no more than 40 mm

11) Check that everything works. The elegance has quite a lot of equipment.

I had an air con compressor go at 2 years old on my mark 2 Leon and vrs. Worth checking it works.

I had that engine in my Leon and the gearbox started making noises at under 80k km, was advised to keep it going as long as possible. Finally had to get it done at 100k km. It's a known issue on the 1.6 and 1.4 engines and the options are a replacement or a rebuild. I went with a rebuild and it cost me €1k. Put the car in neutral press the clutch and as you leave it out if you hear a faint chattering sound from the box the bearings are on the way out.

I have a friend who had this issue on an a3 with under 30k km on it so it appears mileage often isn't an issue.

ok everybody i buy the car and the car is noot so good :( comming sounds from the interior when its cold in the car and then when i start the car and turn the heat up i heard sounds from front interior like bom bam pom, not so high sound but we can hear it good . and rear of the car driver's side i hear a sound when i drive from the speed 60 km/h and up i hear a sound there to , think it comming from the tire rear of the car divers side

A worn tyre can make a noise when it's down to the minimum. Throw some pictures of the tyres up.

I know the language barrier might be a difficultly but try Google translate - it might make the descriptions clearer.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk