oil pressure light

I own a roomster 3 1600 petrol,great car really enjoy driving it.

i noticed the other day that if you turn the ignition on all the warning lights come on as they should,however if you wait a few moments the oil pressure light goes out,before the engine is started,is this normal or have i got a concern.

Welcome to the forum.

Working as it should,

It is checking the 'Oil Pressure Warning light', not the 'Oil Pressure'.

Then you know that if you have a Low Oil Pressure issue, you should get a 'Warning Light' that will work to warn you..

george

Interesting George, but shouldn't that apply to all the warning lights?

I've never looked which go out or stay on in my diesel Roomster. Wife is out in it at the moment but I'll check when she returns.

Edited by bryanb

Interesting George, but shouldn't that apply to all the warning lights?

I've never looked which go out or stay on in my diesel Roomster. Wife is out in it at the moment but I'll check when she returns.

All my lights go off once the engine is started.

Ah.. I read it wrong then. In that case I do have only the battery light and one other - possibly the brake/abs light? - that remain on till engine started after the initial lightup and warming. I don't actually know if that still is the case? I do remember my earlier diesels weren't supposed to be immediately switched on, and I don't know if it's changed with these later ones, but I still wait just to be on the safe side.