Yet another emergency service buys Yetis!

fivesevenalpha

I'd heard rumours that HM Coastguard had placed an order for 30 Yetis and I had it confirmed last week. My local station has one of the 30 - it's being evaluated for possible use by Sector Managers (the full-time Coastguards who run five or six rescue teams).

57A

post-62166-0-08113800-1362861686_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That's interesting - I counted about 25 dark blue Yetis in the yard of a local dealer - all SE+ 4x4 TDI (not sure which engine variant). Clearly some sort of fleet buy, but this was Bilston, West Mids, not a likely dealer for a coastguard order - Bilston is some way from the coast, even when the tide is in!

Probably no connection & these were for a utility company or such-like, but you never know?

Coastguard vehicle will be diesel powered.

Tim, if they are being Section Manager's vehicles they won't get a lot of off-road work.

The fact that Bilston might be far from the sea doesn't actually matter. Fleet Sales will go to the dealer who can make the best offer. I also doubt that they have bought any vehicles; they are far more likely to be leased, and Black Horse Leasing isn't that far from Bilston.

Tim, if they are being Section Manager's vehicles they won't get a lot of off-road work.

The fact that Bilston might be far from the sea doesn't actually matter. Fleet Sales will go to the dealer who can make the best offer. I also doubt that they have bought any vehicles; they are far more likely to be leased, and Black Horse Leasing isn't that far from Bilston.

Thanks for the info but I :wonder: why go to the expense of 4x4 if these people 'drive a desk'.

Oh apologies, I couldn't resist another dig at SUK and their beloved 17" alloys ;)

Bob's corner for me I guess :giggle:

TP

That makes sense!

I guess if cars are to be evenly distributed around this sceptred isle's beautiful coast, might as well buy them from the yam yams as anyone! (probably got a bag of Tipton's finest pork scratchings in the drugs glove box as well!)