Snow in Normandy

vegit8

Just heard on the radio that they might get as much as 2 feet of snow (600mm) in Normandy. :rain: :rain:

Lets hope FrenchTone has got his winter tyres on!!

Yeap, didn't have time to swap 'em, No snow en route home from Vendee. Cherbourg peninsula has had 1.5m drifts and as you would ecxpect the French haven't turned out, no moans , trains stopped no prospect of movement for 24 hrs, even the pompiers can't move, get the pastis and baguettes out and have a good time !29 depts on orange alert, up the coast to the belgian border.

West Finistere overlooking Douarnenez bay, its snowing now 6.45 uk tuesday evening

• Like 1

Am driving from northern Germany to UK tomorrow so should prove interesting. Should be okay until the Dutch border at least then who knows. Thankfully have the Alpins on so odds in my favour inshallah

Snow here, yes flurries normally, but here I suffer the western approaches, winds etc good for the tubes though!

3 - 4 years ago there was a covering of snow about 10mm, the radio was full of complaints by people(of all ages ) who couldn't get out for the bread and paper great life ehh!!

Same time, had to go up to Dinard airport by St malo to collect my mum, clear on departure and all way to Dinard, chaos uk side, plane 3 hrs late, white out just before arrival, and the return here normally just over 2 hours took 5.5, it was in a Mk2 Berlingo though, smaller lump up front, less weight for traction but French driving/drivers a complete joke!

Yesterday, one of the ferries was laid off Cherbourg because of the probs not sure which brand ,(Brittany,Irish or Condor(?)) or if the port was just dangerous with ice etc.

Happy days!

Update north finistere, east finistere and east along the top edge all have probs today, lots of people without power etc no school runs etc

Thought I'd better find out how my cottage in the Normandy countryside is doing. Phoned the farmer next door - yes lots of snow, can't get his tractor out onto the lane, and he thinks drifting snow is up to roof of my place!

And the English complain when we are delayed by 1cm of snow! It becomes a headline item on the News, much complaining from "poor motorists having to put up" with a dusting of white stuff, schools closed, highways authorities not doing enough..... etc :think:

Edited by speedsport