New style rear Skoda badge for Yeti

Truthseeker

I was just wondering how many fellow owners would be interested in a group buy for the new style Skoda (black/sliver) badge for their Yeti. There is a thread currently running, headed "Black/silver badges" concerning this subject, but only to show the fitted badge. I have been in contact with Pastboy who makes these, but he has none left. Perhaps if there is enough demand he could be convinced to do another batch.

I am only interested in the rear and steering wheel centre badges, as I have already changed the front and alloy centres. Maybe other owners would also prefer new logo, simple fit gel self adhesive badges for the bonnet/wheels as well, instead of the OEM ones (more incentive for Pastboy?).

I was just wondering how many fellow owners would be interested in a group buy for the new style Skoda (black/sliver) badge for their Yeti. There is a thread currently running, headed "Black/silver badges" concerning this subject, but only to show the fitted badge. I have been in contact with Pastboy who makes these, but he has none left. Perhaps if there is enough demand he could be convinced to do another batch.

I am only interested in the rear and steering wheel centre badges, as I have already changed the front and alloy centres. Maybe other owners would also prefer new logo, simple fit gel self adhesive badges for the bonnet/wheels as well, instead of the OEM ones (more incentive for Pastboy?).

Yes I would be in for the same items as you, rear badge and steering wheel, if you would be good enough to add me to the list. I am suprised no one running the forum has not bought a number of the raer ones and supplying them from the shop they would probably make a good profit on them. How did you get un touch with PastyBoy?

Yes I would be in for the same items as you, rear badge and steering wheel, if you would be good enough to add me to the list. I am suprised no one running the forum has not bought a number of the raer ones and supplying them from the shop they would probably make a good profit on them. How did you get un touch with PastyBoy?

I sent him a PM. I have just heard from him again, and he will supply new style rear badges (he calls them Retro design) at £15 each, so I have ordered 2 (1 spare in case of fitting problems). I have also enquired about steering wheel centre. Now we know he is doing them, maybe best if you/others contact him direct via members private message facility.

I've ordered front, rear and wheel centres from him-he has a good reputation and offered a reduction-I didn't ask- for 6. If my L&K comes with the new sort I'll re-sell at cost!

Set of 4 new Annapurnas now fitted with Nokian Wr3 winter tyres-why do I mention this on this thread? Because 2 of them came with new centre cap badges!

So I may end up with some spares when my L& K arrives as it seems the new badges are starting to come through!

photo2_zpse074c942.jpg

Why do you think just the L&K will get the new badges, as it is only a model variant. I would assume that if Skoda were going to fit the new logo to the L&K, they would fit it across the range and it would be appearing on other Yetis now.

I will hazard a bet that it won't appear until the face lift.

• Like 2

I have just noticed this:

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/YETI/Yeti-front-grille-emblem-NEW-2012-design-original-Skoda-Autoas-product

It mentions that it is an original Skoda part specifically for the Yeti (i.e. not a Citigo badge that would need modifications to fit), so I guess they should be becoming standard fit sometime soon? No mention of a rear badge yet though...

Why do you think just the L&K will get the new badges, as it is only a model variant. I would assume that if Skoda were going to fit the new logo to the L&K, they would fit it across the range and it would be appearing on other Yetis now.

I will hazard a bet that it won't appear until the face lift.

I didn't mean to suggest that the L&K would receive special attention-it is just that that is the car I'm waiting for. I was surprided that the annapurnas I've just received (well half of them) came with the new centres.

My second set of replacements are starting to show white worm again... and my warranty runs out at the end of the month.

I think I'll wait for the new style badges to become available through dealers & review my options then. I don't imagine that they'll be more expensive than Superskoda once postage is factored in!

I didn't mean to suggest that the L&K would receive special attention-it is just that that is the car I'm waiting for. I was surprided that the annapurnas I've just received (well half of them) came with the new centres.

How odd (excuse the pun) - nearside wheels with new badge, and offside with old...or mix and match?

Were these a dealer ordered accessory after delivery, or did they come with the car?

• Like 1

I have just noticed this:

http://www.superskod...-Autoas-product

It mentions that it is an original Skoda part specifically for the Yeti (i.e. not a Citigo badge that would need modifications to fit), so I guess they should be becoming standard fit sometime soon? No mention of a rear badge yet though...

Interesting.....maybe I could be wrong after all - only time will tell. Strange though that no rear badge, which does concern me.

Interesting.....maybe I could be wrong after all - only time will tell. Strange though that no rear badge, which does concern me.

It seems strange to me too, especially since there are DIY solutions to fit the Citigo badge at the front, while no proper solution is available for the rear badge.

I will be keeping an eye out as I would like to replace all the badges with the new style, but like speedsport I would prefer to have an all-inclusive proper solution available (front, rear and wheel centres) before I do.

How odd (excuse the pun) - nearside wheels with new badge, and offside with old...or mix and match?

Were these a dealer ordered accessory after delivery, or did they come with the car?

They were an aftermarket purchase from a skoda dealer and each sealed box contained one Annapurna and one centre cap-I have presently got new badges on the rear and old style on the front. I may swap them, some days diagonal some days lateral.......

PS just spoken to Dennis Horton's very helpful parts department who enjoyed the dilemma and asked which sort I preferred and immediately offered to send out a pair of the new style ones.

Good and cheerful service!