Whats people's thoughts?

I'm in a bit of a situation regarding my octy vRS. Last evening when I went to pick up the wife from work, I noticed the car was misfiring and struggling to boost, even reverse is a problem. EML was flashing which i hadnt seen before as well. Got home and plugged in the OBD scanner and 3 codes came up:

P0171

P1296 and

P0302

One is misfire in cylinder 2 and another is car running lean. Upon reading previous threads on here the other seems to be thermostat/coolant related.

Plus it smells like something is burning

This leaves me with a question, with road tax, mot and 2 new tyres due next month plus the cost of getting to the bottom of this problem, is it worth fixing a car worth maximum £1500 ish or do I cut my losses and break the car up?

Any ideas on what the cost could run into, I know it could be simple or the very opposite.

JB

There's no real signs of any excess oil anywhere. I'm going to ring skoda and see if I qualify for the coil pack recall, only prob is my nearest dealer is 50 miles away, don't fancy driving there

Standing from the front of the car which is number 2, does it go 1,2,3,4 from driver to passenger side or vice versa, sorry if that's a stupid question :)

there should be a part number under the plug, ie you have to take the plug off carefully to get to this

Changed the coils on 1 and 2 around and rescanned the ecu, now shows misfire in cylinder 1 so il be on the phone to skoda tomorrow for a set, fingers crossed free of charge

Ok so managed to get to my local skoda dealership today, (50 miles away) service manager ran my chassis number and it turns out I'm eligible for the coil pack recall, result. Also as the car is really struggling to run he gave me 4 coilpacks that had came from another vrs that they had changed previously. One of the four he said were duds but I was welcome to try the rest, got home, plugged one in and bingo, cars sweet as a nut again. Booked in for coils in April too. Thanks to those that helped get to the root of the problem.

JB