Accident services from Skoda Garage

princeprawn

I received a letter from the skoda garage today saying that if I have an accident I should call there accident service number first and the skoda garage will do everything for me, is this just good customer service or is it a con, sounds to good to be true, it says to call them before calling insurance company, any experience guys?

It's yet someone else trying to get to you first, just like all the other ambulance chasers.

If you have a whack you become a goldmine. Personal injury claim, hire car, repairs etc... lots of profit to be made. :)

After an accident it's up to you where your car is fixed.

You can take it to your Skoda garage without having to let them deal with everything else.

With a new car in warranty, I would want it properly repaired with genuine Skoda parts anyway.

When my mum needed a repair, I found it very helpful to have them deal with the assessor - we just drove off in a dealer-supplied car until it was all sorted.

I find it reassuring to have the Skoda assistance and Skoda insurance when travelling in Europe.

TBH, its a win - win situation. They get your business, and you get Skoda approved genuine parts, maintaining your bodywork / paint warranty.

Too many insurers now are pressuring bodyshops to use cheaper patent parts. I asked the Audi dealer about the scheme they run similar to this. They (obviously) said only genuine parts would be fitted it brought to them regardless of what the insurers said.