Mk1 Octavia 4x4 estate converting from 1.8t to 1.9 tdi pd

jjsoctavia

Hi as this is the forum for project journals I've decided this is the best place to start.

What I have at the moment is a standard mk1 octavia estate 4x4 1.8t(as all rhd's are) with just 70,000 miles on the clock. Car is just fine but is a little dull with the elegance interior and the 27 mpg is a little bit much :-).

So.... I've decided to take on the task of converting it to tdi pd, some would say not a hugely beneficial task, but one all the same that I'll do, while I'm at it I'll also change the complete interior for the vrs one and fit vrs bumpers

I have bought a gttdi 115ps bora for the engine/wiring looms etc as the gttdi also has asr/traction control

Ill be putting pictures and updates on here as I'm at it.

I have yet to find someone who has undertook this type conversion yet in the uk but if you have, please get in touch as your expertise would be a great help

• 4 weeks later...

I keep thinking about a similar 4x4 diesel conversion. I saw a MK4 golf on ebay a while back that had been modified this way so it has been done!

My main concerns are...

1) getting a good diesel engine + gearbox

2) compatibility issues with the electronics, but if you have a complete TDI car as a donor, then everything should be readily available :)

Whats the best MPG that the standard 4x4 can actually get??

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys just finished off the conversion :-) car running sweet as a nut had a few wiring issues but after a few days head scratching I got there in the end :-) only problem I have is that I left the petrol furl pump in the tank just wondering if would be building up too much pressure, I can hear the relief valve in it under pressure all the time, might do no harm I suppose :-)