DSG problem

mikespike

Yeti 1.2 DSG - 6 months old - done 5,000 miles. Driving along slowly today - (traffic queue) then noticed that the gearbox was stuck in D2. When I accelerated engine just revved and stayed in D2. Flipped into manual - could not move up or down out of D2. Stopped car - turned off engine - turned it back on and it had cleared itself - drove off OK.

Anyone else experienced this? Any ideas why it might have happened? Phoned my Skoda garage and they said - if it happens again, bring it in.

Can't offer any advice but I'd like to chip in to say that I find this "if it happens again" trend disappointing.

Am I wrong in thinking that old-fashioned service & modern technology should be perfect bed partners? I'd hope/expect that my dealer would say "...pop it in & we'll check for any error codes..."

• Like 1