Anybody considering a new Octavia VRS estate as a Superb replacement?

Curious to know how much the Octavia comes in at with a spec even close to a Superb Elegance.

When I changed from my Octavia L&K to my first Superb I priced a decent spec VRS and it was poor value compared to a Superb!.

As per title, I noticed that Octavia has got bigger again in latest version and that the new estate will have a VRS version. I think I'll take a look at it when it comes to changing out the Superb.

There is a good chance that my current Superb company car will be replaced with an Octavia Combi in December. The list price of the base Superb Elegance CR140 DSG Combi buys the equivalent Octavia Elegance CR150 DSG with a load of extras including Canton audio and the tow-bar I need. The icing on the cake is the drop in emmisions from 159 to 119 g/km CO2 which will save me around £1,500+ in payable income tax. About the only thing I'll lose are the Bi-Xenon headlights.

Best regards

Edited by cookdn

I built an Octavia and with less kit (although I ticked every box just about) than my Superb L&K it came in at over £28k. Yes it has a more modern 2.0ltr diesel engine but still not as many toys.

I have to agree with Newbie, I p/exd a 2.0 TFSi Octy vRS for a 2.0 TSi Superb, & it's efficient enough for me, just a bit sluggish.....

I'm retired so company car issues aren't relevant, the annual licence fee is cheaper than my old Octy, (& 1/2 the price of my Mondeo!) &

since I've only put 1K miles on it since Feb. 6th, there is no compelling reason to buy a diesel.

It was purchased 'cos a new Octy vRS is likely to be expensive (£25k+, more for a Combi?) probably better equiped than a new Octy &

has more space inside, a better ride & a feeling that it's a good quality car for a sensible price.

Since 'er indoors has just bought herself a 2-year old Octy vRS, the silight lack of performance has been more noticable, so maybe that needs to rectified sometime soon, but then again, maybe not.

Since I get o drive both cars I've noticed that the Superb encourages a different driving style, as befits an elderly gentleman, whereas the vRS

can tempt the red mist to descend occaisionally!

Our current thinking is to peek long & hard at the vRS later his year & then, if we feel that we want one, look at what's around in the nearly new market in about a years time.

We could easily live with two cars, rather than three & if we decide that we still want an estate but only as a "spare / load-carrier" then we might trade both Skodas in for a new Octy or Superb, & keep the trusty old Mondy around for another few years.

Time will tell, hope you've enjoyed the ramblings...........

DC