Urgent help needed

The breakdown lad is out now checking it over and so far everything checks out but he is getting a ecm module/connector error.

Well hes removed most of the covers and managed to short a connection and the engines started, but hes certain now its a ECM im now trying to find out how much a garage will charge but no ones answering up here in york.

Edited by Jason157

Well the lad a keiths skoda in york reckons a couple of hundred quid for a ECM , sadly i dont have that kind of cash available this month and he seemed a bit clueless when i said the breakdown lad was getting error p0600.

Cheers for the help m8 but sadly no joy looks like im going to have to wait till next week for the garage to open that someone recommended to me on these forums before i moved to york. As no way am i taking it to the the skoda dealers as after that phonecall im not inclined to go there.

The callout guy has bodged a lead from the connections on the fusebox and i just have to touch the + term and it starts bypassing the ecm, just have to wait till tue for the garages to open to start getting some quotes and ill drive it there.

• 1 month later...

Well after having to go away with work for a few weeks i finaly got the car into the garage, D M Keiths in York and it turns out there was a loose/knackered cable that stopped all communication to the auto gearbox.

im still baffled how this could have happened by simply checking the fuses , but its sorted now and everything is working again.

Only problem was that when i picked up the car yesterday i noticed a gaping hole where my headlight washer cover used to be passenger side, straight away i pointed this out to doug and said oi what is that. As before i had given him the keys the week before i had done a complete walk around to check for damages before handing over.

to cut a long story short i couldnt prove they had broke it and the servicing lads all said it was missing when they started work on it, after being asked for £50 for a new cover and spraying/labour i dug my heals in a bit more and credit due to steve from servicing he sorted me out with the part £4.70 and will contact me next week when its in and i can fit and spray myself.

on one hand im glad to have a working car again and steve did me a awesome favour of knocking the labour down for the work so it would fit in my budget, but im still slightly miffed by the damage to the car and im kicking myself for not taking pictures of the car on handover.